Finally leaving the double-Ts

Started by Reya, May 28, 2010, 19:27:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Reya

Hi there  :)

I'm new and I'm flippin' happy to be joining IDNet after years in the shaped and managed (and poked and prodded; you should see the bruises!) bandwidth wilderness. I joined Tiscali back when it was LineOne, but little did they tell me when they screwed me over um when they 'migrated' me over to TalkTalk that they were putting me onto a new fixed-term contract. Nothing in the letter, no emails; in fact I don't even have a clue how long this new contract is. What I do know is that my bank manager is in for a nasty shock when TT 'reclaim' the rest of my balance:

QuotePlease remember, your invoices are in arrears and you are liable to pay for the remainder of your service with Tiscali. Once your final balance has been collected we will automatically stop collecting payment via direct debit/credit card - please do not cancel your payment method with your bank.

I never knew it was possible to be in arrears when you pay by Direct Debit every month. Looks like I'm about to be stung for a couple of hundred quid (the switch was in February and TT were charging me almost £20/mo), but I think it's going to be worth it. I should become a fully-fledged IDNetter by June 4th!

Amusing side-note: TalkTalk emailed my MAC code to me at 4:48 this morning (I was up and getting ready for work, even at that hour). By the time I got home at 2pm, what d'you know: my broadband speed had increased fantastically! Instead of the usual 700kbps I was struggling to reach on my 'Up to 8MB' service, I was zooming along at over 5MB! D'you think they hoped I might change my mind or something?  ;D
I was cut out to be rich but got sewn up wrong.

Rik

Hi and welcome to the forum, Reya. :welc::karma:

I'm sorry, but not altogether surprised, to hear about your TT experiences. You'll find IDNet has a much more human face, no hassle whether it's a billing issue or a tech support question, and we'll help in any way we can. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Simon.
--

DorsetBoy

:welc:

I would be taking professional advice on the contract issues, if they failed to tell you the details or even ask if you wanted to be moved over then they can hardly expect to collect payment.

Steve

Steve
------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

Reya

Thanks so much for the great welcome (and for the karmas; it's like being back at school and getting gold stars! ;D)! I've been lurking here for a few weeks while I plucked up the courage to request my MAC code from TT (really wasn't looking forward to the inevitable attempts to try and sell me a 'better' package on the phone, until I actually checked and found I could request it online - d'oh!) so I knew you were a fab bunch. Got a feeling I'm going to feel very much at home here.

DorsetBoy, I'm going to call TT on Monday and ask them exactly how much they plan on taking. It may be that I've misread the email and they're only going to take payment for what I've used this month. However, this is TT we're talking about, so better safe than sorry.
I was cut out to be rich but got sewn up wrong.

DorsetBoy

Let us know how you get on with that, they should provide the explanation in writing.