How fast would you like your connection to go?

Started by pctech, Jun 02, 2010, 17:08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

pctech

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

They did have a nice red England polo shirt in M&S which I was tempted to buy but did not want to get tarred with the scumbags.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

faircot

Quote from: pctech on Jun 03, 2010, 16:11:28
They did have a nice red England polo shirt in M&S which I was tempted to buy but did not want to get tarred with the scumbags.

My local B&Q has a really fine range of England branded polo shirts, retractable rules and other hand tools, banners, chavmobile flags etc. Such a difficult decision knowing what to buy first - so I didn't!

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Lance

Quote from: faircot on Jun 03, 2010, 16:20:57
My local B&Q has a really fine range of England branded polo shirts, retractable rules and other hand tools, banners, chavmobile flags etc. Such a difficult decision knowing what to buy first - so I didn't!

I rather liked the England wheelbarrow!
Lance
_____

Rik

It won't be used for carrying the trophy home. :)
Rik
--------------------

Gary

I would like my connection to go so fast there was no mention of England or Football in the same sentence as it has gone so fast its travelled thorough time to a future place that does not involve knuckle dragging and flags and balls   :whistle:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

pctech

I'm sure Cisco/Juniper/Brocade/Force10 will probably work on interdimensional routers in the future Gary but I think for now they are struggling with how to accelerate connections to 100 Gbps and beyond

;D

Gary

Quote from: pctech on Jun 04, 2010, 09:34:05
I'm sure Cisco/Juniper/Brocade/Force10 will probably work on interdimensional routers in the future Gary but I think for now they are struggling with how to accelerate connections to 100 Gbps and beyond

;D
Bet the Doctor could do it  ;D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Gary

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

Was trying to remember as many router manufacturers as I could so I would not be accused of manufacturer bias.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

Was really talking about ISP/carrier grade routers Rik.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

esh

I'd like 10M up. I can live with a few Mbit down though.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Rik

Rik
--------------------

esh

My previous ISP had the peculiar package setup of 8M down and 256k up or the 800k up with...0.5M down. I got used to it...
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

pctech

Didn't run out of a shed near you did it?  ;D

esh

Haha, I think they pretty much used to back in the day. Then they got bought up by Pipex/Tiscali, so I know their tech support ended up working out of a shed... in asia somewhere (hence the move).