after unbanding a learning period?

Started by coreservers, Jun 02, 2010, 22:23:02

Previous topic - Next topic

coreservers

got my profile unbanded today (and yes I did send a big thanks to support). My one question is does the line go back into learning mode.
I ask as I noticed the snr was fairly stable at 6db but is now flirting between 0 and 2, with the occasional nonsense 10 digit minus figure?
No re-syncs for 11 and a half hours tho

Connection Speed 9908 kbps 1072 kbps
Line Attenuation 37 db 9.5 db
Noise Margin 6 db 5 db

There's no way it'll stay at near 10mb not at that attenuation, it's more normally around 5.5 -6mb currently bt speedtester showing thruput at 7.5mb on an ip profile at 8mb
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Steve

The term learning is a misnomer as the MSAN or DLM is always managing the connections properties. I am not sure however if there is any mechanism to prevent the re banding which may occur in the presence of instability and noise
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

coreservers

Thanks for that steve, hope I dont end up back where I've been at 135k profile.
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Rik

So do we. That large number, btw, is the router showing a negative noise margin, something which technically can't happen, but which Netgears seem to do.
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

looking healthier after a manual re-sync this morning, as i had "internet explorer cannot find the web page"

Connection Speed 8623 kbps 1055 kbps
Noise Margin 9 db 6 db

better snr anyhoo. :red:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

coreservers

it's died again

Connection Speed 285 kbps 1023 kbps
Line Attenuation 36 db 9.5 db
Noise Margin 31 db 6 db

I just dont understand, It was stable at 4mb, I aked for interleaving to be switched off, it goes unstable, why can it not be reset to where it was?
I certainly cant live with this.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Wingnutz

Quote from: coreservers on Jun 03, 2010, 18:25:25
it's died again

Connection Speed 285 kbps 1023 kbps
Line Attenuation 36 db 9.5 db
Noise Margin 31 db 6 db

I just dont understand, It was stable at 4mb, I aked for interleaving to be switched off, it goes unstable, why can it not be reset to where it was?
I certainly cant live with this.

See my thread on 'No Broadband Internet'. Seems you are suffering the same as me - high sync = unstable then low sync = unusable. I'm trying to get back to 6meg at around 9db and stable (interleave on).

Steve

Unfortunately I am not surprised as the root cause ie your line has not changed
Steve
------------

coreservers

I understand that steve, but where does it leave me permanently slow? I've completely re-cabled with cat 6 from router to pc and xbox, new filters.

I've no idea Rik, I suspect it's still off. seems a few on here are having the same issues though. Personally I suspect it;s something to do with my initial setup, when I moved from sky. if you remember the bt engineers completely screwed up my connection. I suspect they've patched up a poor job. I'm thinking another fun mail to dan moss see if that produces the goods  ::) unless he's away spending his million pound bonus

Ever wish you'd not done something!  :slap:

Rik

All the time. ;)

Check with support whether it's on or off (it's too late for me to get hold of them now). Get it back on, I really don't think your line can remain stable with it off. I'm afraid you'll have to accept higher pings to get stability back.
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

I'll take them rik (even with it off they're still 38ms  :shake: ) I'll take 'em

Rik

Repeat after me:

I must leave things alone. ;D
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

I've mailled support, twice, as I sent one when I 1st saw this, and another specifically asking about interleavig.

I must leave things alone,
I must leave things a......... oops  :angel:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

coreservers

very quick response fron Brian
Saying it was left on fast path so he's requested it be interleaved and unbanded should be ok in next 24 hours.  :fingers:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

Glad to know things are looking up Core'. I agree with the ping times. And as said, the human cannot notice such time-scales, but the programs do! Thus they stutter or crash. It may be you will have to look at different games.  :dunno:
From what I've heard, MW2 is quite annoying at times, so it could save you some stress not playing on the servers.  :rant2:
But on a more serious note, it may just be little more time, and tweaking to get the games and programs working. Things like port forwarding, turning off the skybox or whatever might help. I've met some little spikes in my connection recently, and it might be down to road works. Nothing IDNet can do for me in that case. :( .You've probably tried all the options, but I can only hope there is a way yet.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

coreservers

thanks ben. just tried re dead redemption it seems to play fine, but as said in another post it looks like BT have unbanded me again, but not switched interleaving back on
Connection Speed 9286 kbps 883 kbps
Noise Margin 9 db 10 db

So Ill be back at a crawl again tomorrow

Rik

OTOH, they seem to be using noise margin to manage the line, which may give you a better result, ie speed and low pings.
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

hmmmm. a small wager maybe.  :whistle: .

Hope so, but a 9mb profile on a 37db attenuation aint gonna hold up

Rik

I don't know, I get 4M on 57db...
Rik
--------------------

coreservers

ah well it's on the way out

Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 9286 kbps 883 kbps
Noise Margin 5 db 10 db

snr falling lke a stone,

Thanks BT !  :shake:

Adam

A sync of ~9200kbps isn't bad for your attenuation.
Adam