Tempted to join

Started by shone1977, Mar 26, 2007, 21:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

shone1977

Very tempted to join,dont mind extra expense if the service is there.
What i want to know before i make my mind up.
1. whats the customer service like?
2. what are speeds like?
3. is the service reliable?
4. is there any port blocking/traffic shaping

tempted with the Max Premium service(i am a heavy user)dont want restrictions!

DorsetBoy

Hi and welcome aboard :D

Customer service though not 24HR is superb.......you get to talk with real people and they know their stuff.
Speeds are generally very good.

Yes the service is reliable

No there is no port blocking or traffic shaping.

You will get straight ,honest answers from Idnet staff so it is worth phoning to discuss your needs.

On top of that you get a friendly forum where we will all do our best to help with queries,though if you look around you will see the problems are quite few. ;D ;D

jupiter

Like DorsetBoy said, things work well here.  An 0800 number to phone, answered straight away and a lively forum with useful help pages.

I've been here since July and have never had any problems.

Inactive

Ditto to the above, I left Plusnet last November, never looked back.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

MoHux

:o  Oh!!  You fibber!!  ::)

;)
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rik

Can you elaborate on that Mo?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

MoHux

Quote from: Inactive on Mar 26, 2007, 23:20:07
Ditto to the above, I left Plusnet last November, never looked back.

Apparently my attempt at a joke re' the above has caused a diplomatic incident akin to [Censored, I better not say where or I could be starting another!!  ::) ]

Since arriving last Nov' Inactive has frequently 'looked back' at Plus Net, and commented on it.  Even, if I remember right saying he still posts there.  ;D

Which he has every right to do of course.

And of course I realised he didn't mean his above comment to be taken literally.

I thought you were all adult enough to realise I was pulling the leg of a 'friend'.

I am NOT going to apologise as asked, as I still think it was obvious it was meant as a joke!  Anyone who can't see it is taking themselves too seriously!  :banana2: :banana2:

Mo

"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rik

I'm not aware of you being asked to apologise, Mo, but I did want to understand exactly what you meant given the words used in your post. I think that Inactive was equally perplexed, given his post below mine.

Thank you for clarifying things.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: MoHux on Mar 27, 2007, 18:47:22

I thought you were all adult enough to realise I was pulling the leg of a 'friend'.

Thanks for clarifying that MoHux, no harm done, I don't mind having my leg pulled, water under the bridge, as they say. ;)

MoHux

Quote from: Inactive on Mar 27, 2007, 23:13:00
Thanks for clarifying that MoHux, no harm done, I don't mind having my leg pulled, water under the bridge, as they say. ;)

:)  If I had thought for one moment that you would mind Inactive, I would not  have 'said' it.  :)

Having said that, should anyone disagree in future it would be courteous to address me directly!  :(

Mo

cavillas

Quote from: shone1977 on Mar 26, 2007, 21:02:54
Very tempted to join,dont mind extra expense if the service is there.
What i want to know before i make my mind up.
1. whats the customer service like?
2. what are speeds like?
3. is the service reliable?
4. is there any port blocking/traffic shaping

tempted with the Max Premium service(i am a heavy user)dont want restrictions!

I have been with IDnet for over a year and have been very happy with them. Well worth the slightly higher expense.

1. It's superlative (that means the best available).   ;D
2. Speeds are extremely good with all the help you could require.
3. The service is second to none and closely miitored by the owners and their support staff.
4. There is no port blocking/traffic shaping - your Broadband is your own.

Come on over, you're sure of a very warm welcome.

As you can see from the other posts there is a tendency to go off topic, but that's a good thing. ::) ;D
------
Alf :)

Rik

What's a topic, Cav? :)
Rik
--------------------

Lance

I thought it was a chocolate bar? :D
Lance
_____

Rik

Rik
--------------------

macshac

As a newcomer to Idnet in March I have been amazed at the quality of service not only from the line but the Forum members so far have all helped me solve long standing problems that I spent months trying to get BT to help with.
The support response has been immediate and in English.Im too old to learn Hindi.
Although it appears that most of my line problems have been my own internal not once after 30 E Mails and many phone calls did anybody try to help me solve them.
I would give Idnet 10 out 0f 10 for customer focus.

shone1977

I dont want to keep asking silly questions i know you have all said the is no port blocking or traffic shaping what about throttling at peak times only asking cos my current isp throttle at weekends when servers are busy.

Lance

There are no silly questions as far as we are concerned!

IDNet, do not shape, throttle, or in any way at all restrict your connection at any time.
Lance
_____

Inactive

Quote from: shone1977 on Apr 01, 2007, 20:08:27
I dont want to keep asking silly questions i know you have all said the is no port blocking or traffic shaping what about throttling at peak times only asking cos my current isp throttle at weekends when servers are busy.

No drop in speeds on my connection, you are only contracted for a month, give it a try. .. no in or exit charges.