Why was connection down and other problems?

Started by mrapoc, Jul 18, 2010, 11:49:15

Previous topic - Next topic

mrapoc

All last night (from 7 till i gave up at 12) my connection was down, tried rebooting etc. and still no connection.

Just wondering why..

and also mail server seems to be not accepting any outgoing passwords today

did/has something gone down idnets end?

Was on the ludlow exchange

Glenn

The SMTP servers are now only accepting IDNet mail, if you are trying to send email from other providers, then you will need to use another smtp service.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

mrapoc

ahh thanks :)

yeh it is a @idnet.com address, however i heard it doesnt need authentication? how come ever since i started using it it asks for a password and iv always given it?

Glenn

Changes were made following IDNet's blacklisting on some spam lists, so it may have been due to that.
Glenn
--------------------

Den

use a domain name with .co.uk and when I just sent a test email to myself it worked straight away, am I missing something ?  :dunno:
Mr Music Man.

Rik

I don't think so, Den, I'm not up to speed yet, but I think the authenticated SMTP service has been withdrawn due to abuse.
Rik
--------------------

Den

so this will not affect anyone using a domain name.co.uk and routing it to idnet.com  :eyebrow:
Mr Music Man.

Steve

It not effecting all email domains. I can use smtp.idnet.com for my own domain mail hosted elsewhere. I think it depends who its 'to' and the configuration, the SPF record and rules of the 'from' domain. In other words it works for some and not all.
Steve
------------

Technical Ben

Sorry for the double post. But I also was effected by the outages of the connection over the weekend. It was too convenient to have happened at 7 every day for it to be an accidental or coincidental fault. More likely a total collapse due to overuse or some works/maintenance going wrong.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.