Ah, can't view websites or anything

Started by Liam, Jul 06, 2010, 20:49:07

Previous topic - Next topic

ou7shined

Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!

Liam

Wed 07/07/2010 at 10am Ongoing  Problem in the Scotland and Northern Ireland areas 
Estimated time to resolve: 2hrs

We are aware of a temporary problem in the Scotland and Northen Ireland areas that may be causing some users difficulties accessing the Internet. Our engineers are working to resolve this problem and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

sof2er

Let's hope they fix it quick :/ 24 hours with no access almost

ou7shined

What time do these engineers knock off?
I keep checking to see if I've got internets. I'm finding my laptop's constant rejection to my advances disheartening. :bawl:
Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!

Liam

They probably be waiting on a part being delivered, next day delivery before 1pm :lol:

after all we are just 2nd class citizens this side of the border :whistle:

sof2er

Steve

Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

sof2er

If liam/ou7shined get it working say so!  :)

Simon

I had a brief email exchange with IDNet support this morning, and Miriam said that the Scotland problem had returned.  This was at 10:55am, and as we've had no further updates, we can only assume that the BT problem still isn't resolved.  :(
Simon.
--

ou7shined

If BT think it's fixed, is it worth us contacting IDNet again?
Maybe they need to throw one of those big Frankenstein switches to bring us jocks back on line.
Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!

Liam

well i'm posting from my home connection but its still very unstable. still dropping packets but obviously better than last night.

power cycle your routers

Simon

Quote from: ou7shined on Jul 07, 2010, 21:55:00
If BT think it's fixed, is it worth us contacting IDNet again?
Maybe they need to throw one of those big Frankenstein switches to bring us jocks back on line.

If it's not fixed by the morning, it might be worth contacting IDNet for an update.
Simon.
--

Liam

Its gone again, managed to get to the site and post then just as i returned to the thread it went completely to pot.

Simon

Simon.
--

sof2er

Just tried again on my connection after having the modem/router pwoered down for 1 hour, no luck. Sites refuse to open or load very slow and take about 3 hours.

Not sure why the BT site went from ongoing to resolved an hour ago if nothing is resolved :(

Liam

BT must still be playing with the equipment because my router wont sync with the exchange now. Fingers crossed tomorrow its back up

sof2er

Let's hope :), my modem won't synch either now with the exchange.

ou7shined

Mine syncs fine. I just can't use the internet as everything times out. Strangely enough my Gmail notifier still manages to pull in the occasional update so my line isn't completely dead, just really really really slow.
Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!

klipp

Is this just affecting Scottish internet users?  I'm in Lincolnshire and my internet's started playing up in the past hour, but my internet is useless at the best of times anyway so it could be just me. :laugh:

sof2er

Quite sure it's only scottish connections yeah (but not many, just a few of us are affected it seems :/)

sof2er

I still can't access anything this morning....

ou7shined

Me neither. I've contacted support (I'm not the first today) who confess they are at the mercy of BT, who in turn don't know what the exact problem is. The common factor seems to be that everyone with the problem is on "b-res red 5". I have no idea what that means but I presume we are all on the same line. An official update should be forthcoming soon.
Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!

Steve

Steve
------------

ou7shined

Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!