MAC from Demon

Started by MrTreacle, Jul 21, 2010, 19:32:20

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTreacle

Hello everyone,

I hope to move from Demon to IDNet in the next few weeks. I asked Demon for a MAC, but I've not heard anything yet, despite being promised one in 48 hours.

Any suggestions as to how to escalate things if they continue to ignore me?

Many thanks

Steve

They have to supply one within 5 working days,otherwise threaten them with Ofcom
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

They have to issue you with one in five working days, Kevin, so if they play up, mention complaining to Ofcom. A migration usually takes a further five days to be made.
Rik
--------------------

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

MrTreacle

Many thanks, much appreciated. Will keep on trying.

*edit: The MAC has now arrived, and I've signed up for IdNet.

Simon

Simon.
--

Tacitus

Quote from: Simon on Jul 21, 2010, 22:45:28
:welc: :karma:  Good move!  :thumb:

Yes, I doubt you'll be disappointed.  I left Demon 12 months ago and I've never regretted it  :)   

One thing you will notice is that if you do need to call support, the phone is generally answered within 3 rings, they're friendly and above all, know what they're talking about. 

Rik

Good move, Kevin, I'm sure you won't regret it. :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Quote from: Tacitus on Jul 22, 2010, 07:53:08
Yes, I doubt you'll be disappointed.  I left Demon 12 months ago and I've never regretted it  :)  

One thing you will notice is that if you do need to call support, the phone is generally answered within 3 rings, they're friendly and above all, know what they're talking about.  

Unless they are partaking of tea and biscuits when it might be 4 rings. ;D

Edit: Quote markup sorted
------
Alf :)

pctech

I looked at moving to Demon some time ago as a friend of mine has been a customer since the company started and runs his business site on their services too

However I picked up the phone to the sales line to check a couple of things and got put through to an Indian call centre so I didn't bother proceeding.

MrTreacle

It was Demon's customer "service" that has sent me scurrying to IDNET. It was like speaking to a badly programmed artificial intelligence which was being rapidly toggled between the "dishonest" and "incompetent" settings.

First experience of IDNET customer support was great.

Tacitus

Quote from: MrTreacle on Jul 23, 2010, 08:57:25
It was Demon's customer "service" that has sent me scurrying to IDNET. ...

In the end that's what got to me.  I was with Demon since the days of dialup but sadly they gradually went down hill and tech support became a lottery.  Sometimes you got someone who obviously knew their stuff and was helpful; other times you got a standard script monkey. 

Twelve months ago I gave up, asked for my MAC and was passed to retentions who offered a 'special price' just for me as a longstanding customer.  They forgot to mention that the only way I would get the 'special' price was to sign for a 24 month contract......  Needless to say, even though it was (just) cheaper than iDNet I declined and have never regretted it. 

I have to say Demon's broadband was reliable with few outages, possibly because they are part of C & W who have a more extensive network with greater resilience.  That said, I've not found iDNet's reliability to be a problem, although their reliance on BT is a handicap at times.

Doubt you'll be disappointed and this Forum is always here to help if you do find any problems.  :)

exxos

make sure you block demon from billing you. When I left some years ago they signed me up for the most expensive contract (twice) and when I refused to pay it they tried to take me to court over it. The entire epic dragged on for 6 months. Demon is the correct name for them thats for sure. From talking to other people they seem to do that as the norm too.