Delays in reciving emails?

Started by Technical Ben, Aug 20, 2010, 17:19:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Technical Ben

Just finally got my emails from 2 days ago. One was a late reply, that only got sent today anyhow (a week after I applied for an account :P) but the others show as being sent two days ago.
Any reason it would take so long to get them? Some are from my bank as I am registering for online banking, so any delays can be really problematic.  :dunno:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Rik

No obvious thoughts, Ben. Copy the headers from the emails to support, let them take a look.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Technical Ben

Just followed your advice. But realised I sent it via my IDNet account, so not sure if I will get a prompt reply.  :slap:
I was wondering why I could not get a reply for some things. It's quite important as well, as I cannot get to the local offices/bank etc at the moment. So email is vital.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rik

It was delivered on the 18th, 4 seconds after arrival, Ben. You're mail client may be at fault. Check with webmail.
Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

Ok. Strange, got all my BT emails.  :dunno:
Where does it show when I received it on my pc? I can only see when the IDNet server got it.
[edit]
I was pressing "send/recive" all last night. But just in case, I have selected all the "auto connect/download" options under the settings tab.  :thumb:

Rik

I don't want to ask you to post an online banking header in the forum, Ben, so it's difficult to explain, but Brian is about to send you an email. Don't be confused if you see a 1 hour delays at any time, it usually means one of the servers is running on UTC rather than BST.
Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

Thanks. Will just have to keep an eye out then. It's mozilla. So I will check what it's doing, and see if it happens again. Then I can trouble shoot the client instead.
Sent and received a test mail, and got supports straight away. Very strange.  :dunno:

Rik

Have a good look at your Mozilla setup, Brian. If you've got Brian's reply, you should know the timings involved now.
Rik
--------------------

pctech

Might be interesting to see if mail appears in webmail before it arrives on the client.

Anything happen if you click Send/Receive or check for new mail (If not familiar with Thunderbird)

Simon

Not that this is much help, but I'm using SeaMonkey, and not experiencing any delays.
Simon.
--

Technical Ben

As said, it seems fine now. Will check back if I find what I did wrong.  :red: