Who stole the internet?

Started by Niall, Sep 05, 2010, 09:48:20

Previous topic - Next topic

klipp

Yes this place works and so does google. :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Niall

Quote from: Rik on Sep 05, 2010, 16:54:06
They would do, Niall, it's not a network issue as such, it's IDNet's connectivity to the world which is affected.

Oh yeah, duh ;D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Rik
--------------------

ou7shined

Quote from: klipp on Sep 05, 2010, 16:48:44
I seem to keep losing internet access but not sync or PPP.  Would this be the maintenance work? :)
I think I'm the same.
Router says green green green but all web pages time out and Gmail notifier has disappeared up it's own... err... gateway. :D
Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!

Rik

Quote from: klipp on Sep 05, 2010, 16:48:44
I seem to keep losing internet access but not sync or PPP.  Would this be the maintenance work? :)

Sorry, missed this. If you have a connection, but can't access some or all sites on the web, then it's likely to be the router work. Everything is fine here now though.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: ou7shined on Sep 05, 2010, 17:02:00
I think I'm the same.
Router says green green green but all web pages time out and Gmail notifier has disappeared up it's own... err... gateway. :D

Can you access the forum OK and also IDNet mail, Rich?
Rik
--------------------

klipp

Yes my router lights indicate I'm still connected. :)

Rik

You can obviously access the forum, is email OK? Can you get to the BBC site?
Rik
--------------------

klipp

Quote from: Rik on Sep 05, 2010, 17:06:11
Sorry, missed this. If you have a connection, but can't access some or all sites on the web, then it's likely to be the router work. Everything is fine here now though.

You didn't miss it Rik, you've answered me twice now. ;D

Rik

It's been that kind of day. ;)
Rik
--------------------

SpaceMonkey

Good to know its not an internal problem at least. Although its 5.30 now way past the 3pm cutoff and still websites are playing up.  :'(

Rik

That's why I've put the newsfader up. I last spoke to Simon an hour ago, and they were still working.
Rik
--------------------

Azy

ok this is a small list of places i can not currently connect too, itunes, my Usenet sever in the usa, any flash based games on facebook (kids going mad, told them to go outside and play  ;D  )

i can get e-mail, bbc but not the live 20/20 cricket commentary
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!

Rik

I can get to iTunes, which is the only one of those I can test for you.
Rik
--------------------

Niall

I'm seeing issues with seeing some photos on deviant art. Most are fine, but the odd few aren't loading. Still, my upload speed has increased to 1175 so I'm happy, sod seeing some pictures, they can look at mine ;D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Azy

thanks for checking Rik, but their still not working, but i'm going out till 8, i will see how it is then

i see an increase to from 1600 to 1799 nice
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!

Rik

No-one should be seeing any speed changes as a result of this work, it would not cause resyncs, so if you are, there's likely to something else going on locally. I'll see if I can get an update.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Niall

My speed is fine, but I've just noticed I can't access www.amazon.co.uk and I have blues CD browsing needs :D

I shall have a cup of tea and watch a film instead, thus saving myself a fiver. Ta IDnet :D

{edit} Bah, I can now!
* Niall spends money
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Baz

buy me a router Niall

NIALL....PLEASE     :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Niall

Yeah it's okay now. I cleared my DNS cache before, so everything is probably settling down again. I couldn't access the Steam store before, through Steam but can now. Slowly slowly, catchy monkey :D
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rapier Racer

How do you go about flushing your DNS?