Who stole the internet?

Started by Niall, Sep 05, 2010, 09:48:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Windows cmd >ipconfig /flushdns If I remember rightly.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

You do, Steve. How about on a Mac?
Rik
--------------------

Steve

Quote from: Rik on Sep 05, 2010, 18:17:11
You do, Steve. How about on a Mac?

Never had to do it yet

http://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

That's them all covered I think. ;D
Steve
------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rapier Racer

Didn't help for me, flushed it, then rebooted router and even PC and still most sites won't work including the one above.

Rik

If they're working for one or more of us, they should be working for all, so I can only suggest you contact support, sorry. :(
Rik
--------------------

Steve

Have you rebooted your router?
Steve
------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Steve

Steve
------------

Rik

I miss them all the time. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Rapier Racer

I'll contact them tomorrow if I'm still getting the same thing, it was all fine earlier on.  :(

On a side note IDnet.com and Idnetters will not load up on my Xperia phone.. no problems with other sites.

Niall

I'm still finding sites I can't connect to, but if I refresh for long enough it eventually connects. Twitter went weird before, as did amazon and a couple of other sites.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Quote from: Rapier Racer on Sep 05, 2010, 18:55:15
On a side note IDnet.com and Idnetters will not load up on my Xperia phone.. no problems with other sites.

Did you try them earlier when the routers were dropping sites? If so, can you do the equivalent of a flush DNS?
Rik
--------------------

zafira53

It is now 19.45pm I cannot access ebay and some other web sites? I don't always check on here for update messages regarding work been carried out?, but this afternoon I was watching an item on ebay and bidding on it & I was just about to put a higher bid on when it went awol and I lost the item!!! >:( this has happen before? and it is annoying to say the least  :shake: I will have to go to my neighbours to use their sky B/B as one cannot trust Idnet @ weekends when work is in progress & system failures :rant2: txt or emails regarding system works would go amiss Idnet!!!

Peyr

I'm still having problems as well after flushing DNS.  Many sites are loading incorrectly or not at all.  Continually refreshing helps but it seems there are still problems somewhere along the line.

vorbei

Same problems here.  Lots of sites will not load and some load as if text only.  I've rebooted the router, flushed the DNS and rebooted the computer!

I'll try again tomorrow...

Tim

Azy

still the same issues here bbc and facebook work very slowly, try and vist any other sites in my bookmarks and my mac just says you are not connected to the internet
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!

Niall

I'm starting to see it spread to Facebook now, whereas it was fine before. Amazon is also back to not loading pages properly, or taking 4-5 refreshes to load.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

scook94

Quote from: Peyr on Sep 05, 2010, 20:08:02
I'm still having problems as well after flushing DNS.  Many sites are loading incorrectly or not at all.  Continually refreshing helps but it seems there are still problems somewhere along the line.

+1
Steven
--------

wecpcs

Quote from: Peyr on Sep 05, 2010, 20:08:02

I am still having exactly the same problems. After flushing the DNS cache and a router reboot, I have tried accessing all of my usual sites and about 30% of them either show as server errors or do not display correctly but all work after refreshing the screen 1-2 times, all except for pcworld.co.uk, which will not display at all. That may just be a problem with them, but it shows that there still a lot of problems and disgruntled Idnet users.

Colin

zafira53

Idnet we want refunds due to the unaceptable systems failure I cannot access ebay or other web sites like many other customers its no joke? it is just one big nightmare and we have being let down by Idnet  :eek4:

Azy

hardly anything working now, bbc, facebook and this forum is taking forever to load  :rant2:
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!

Technical Ben

Lost the entire dns (websites) earlier, then lost internet connection, but my router and the exchange were still up. Now it's all fine. BBC ebay etc all load instantly, even faster than normal. However, I use  Open DNS.  :dunno:

At the moment IDNet still achieve 99% uptime for me each year. So no complaints.  :thumb:

PS, perhaps if you try using Open DNS to see if this solves the problem? If it does, we can confirm it's a DNS problem, if it does not, then it's worse!  :eek4:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Rapier Racer

I obtained the open DNS numbers on my phone and stuck them into my router earlier but to no avail.  :(

Won't be far off 6 hours with virtually no service now, not amused.

Azy

I just want to know if anyones working to solve the problem