I just want to know if anyones working to solve the problem

Yes.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/idnet/t/3896963-server-not-found.html

And if I know Simon, bloody hard...
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

wecpcs

Quote from: Azy on Sep 05, 2010, 20:45:00
hardly anything working now, bbc, facebook and this forum is taking forever to load  :rant2:

If Idnet think they have completed their upgrade, then they had better THINK AGAIN, for me now it is even worse as a greater number of my usual sites I access regularly are taking even
more refreshes to display and then a number of them are displayed as text format which then takes another refresh to correct. I cannot access speedtest.net at any server location without getting various errors.
I have flushed the DNS cache rebooted the router and as a last resort turned off the router and PC for several minutes. This is totally unacceptable, but I will shut down now and try it again tomorrow before making any decision.

Colin :rant2:

Azy

Thanks bill, glad they are working to resolve the issues     :thumb:
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!

Technical Ben

Quote from: Rapier Racer on Sep 05, 2010, 20:58:37
I obtained the open DNS numbers on my phone and stuck them into my router earlier but to no avail.  :(

Won't be far off 6 hours with virtually no service now, not amused.

Thank you Rapier Racer. I guess we now know: The problems do not effect everybody. And it is not fixed by using OpenDNS. Wonder why some have no trouble.  :dunno:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

lozcart

Quote from: Technical Ben on Sep 05, 2010, 21:14:52
Wonder why some have no trouble.  :dunno:

Possibly area related routing problems? I'm in Birmingham and have no page loading problems.

Bill

Quote from: Technical Ben on Sep 05, 2010, 21:14:52Wonder why some have no trouble.  :dunno:

When they find that out, they're 90% of the way to fixing it!
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

johnny5

Everything is working okay for me now,seems to have been fixed in the last 15 minutes or so. :thumb:

Reya

Quote from: Technical Ben on Sep 05, 2010, 20:48:43
PS, perhaps if you try using Open DNS to see if this solves the problem? If it does, we can confirm it's a DNS problem, if it does not, then it's worse!  :eek4:

I would, but...

"Firefox can't find the server at www.opendns.com."  ;D
I was cut out to be rich but got sewn up wrong.

idnetbarry

Open Dns  208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222

Working fine for me.

Niall

Quote from: lozcart on Sep 05, 2010, 21:20:28
Possibly area related routing problems? I'm in Birmingham and have no page loading problems.

Oddly enough, when I wasn't having issues, my sister was, and vice versa. We're on the same exchange, but about half a mile away from each other.

I think I'll reboot my router in a mo as I'm still having problems loading things.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Azy

cheers mate for them open dns numbers, internet working again for me
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!

Steve

I think OpenDNS is worth a try but it is not a solution for everyone, I have no issues currently with IDNet DNS
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Niall

Reboot no help for me. Can't access Steam store, and copy protection based within, so I can't play any games I want to :( Deviant art isn't loading, Facebook is having issues as is pretty much any site I look at now.

No disaster as I can get on the couple of sites I need to before I log off, but I think I'll just unplug my router for the night when I go to bed.

{edit} Now cannot log into MSN Messenger or hotmail. That is a pain in the arse, as I needed that. Ah well, might as well go to bed early and watch a film!
{edit 2} I'm now having issues seeing this forum!
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

jameshurrell

Just dropped in here and saw this slight curfuffle about the lack of internet  :whistle:.

I monitor both my IDnet lines via the Thinkbroadband service. Both lines showed they (edit) lost contact with the outside world today, but I've not experienced any issues since this on one of the lines (the other is an office line so not using it this weekend).

Here's the graphs showing both drops:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/d61c677a77b2bea640cc5401a183b5ac.html
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/fb61cbda7e641dee6ef7353322a8bc40.html

The lines are on different exchanges. I use OpenDNS here (out of interest).

Bill

That second graph is almost an exact copy of mine :D

I'd be surprised if you actually lost sync, those two red spikes were IDNet rebooting routers.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

DarkStar

Now seems to be working OK for me during the last 30 mins or so, the site that gave the most trouble was Amazon, simply could not get it to load properly.
Had the same problems as everyone else this morning then the internet was absolutely flying for a couple of hours around midday. Come in from the garden and nearly all sites I tried to go to were a problem to resolve. Hopefully Simon has got it all sorted out now  :fingers:
Ian

Rapier Racer

I saw open DNS working for someone else so was about to give it another go out of interest but of course I tried to open some sites again first and touch wood back in business, MSN signed in again too. Didn't expect a fix till tomorrow.

Credit where its due.

jameshurrell

You're right Bill - I should have said showing "a lack of connection"...

Can't check for certain as a brown out about 3 hrs ago has reset the router... :D

klipp

Urgh I am experiencing a lot of lag when browsing websites.  Speedtest returns a normal result so I'm not sure what the problem is or if its related to today's work.  Hopefully it will have magically fixed itself by tomorrow.:)

Bill

Quote from: jameshurrell on Sep 05, 2010, 22:24:37a brown out about 3 hrs ago has reset the router... :D

That's one of the reasons that my router is on the UPS :D

And the VDSL modem now I've got FTTC!
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

DarkStar

Spoke too soon, now having all sorts of problems again. Took several attempts to get on here  :eyebrow:
Ian

gyruss

I'm on opendns settings 'now' have had the problems much like everyone else all afternoon/day.. found it was a name server issue mid evening, so switched to direct IP's on my teamspeak etc, then later did the open dns.

Whats the update on the actual work?  finished or still presenting issues?
Jase

Simon

Struggling here now too.  Internet like wading through treacle on sone sites, but ironically, IDNetters loads quicker than most.
Simon.
--

Gary

Quote from: Simon on Sep 05, 2010, 23:09:09
Struggling here now too.  Internet like wading through treacle on sone sites, but ironically, IDNetters loads quicker than most.
Same here Simon, I used my landline to make the call I needed to on Skype, Open DNS sorts the issues out but tbh its late and I cannot be bothered, almost time to put the mac to sleep and forget about this till morning.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Simon

That's what I'll be doing soon, Gary.
Simon.
--