Post upgrade problems

Started by Rik, Sep 05, 2010, 19:43:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

That really doesn't make sense, Gary, are there any Mac users can help?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Bill

This one can't, I've got my own weirdies :dunno:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

You can get a cream for that, Bill.  :evil:
Rik
--------------------

Bill

Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

Rik
--------------------

gyruss

I'll check my connection tonight when i'm home. 

@gary, i know the bt call out was for something 'different' but at the time it was all related stuff and yesterday i was witnessing multiple resyncs throughout the day and into the late evening.  I don't think highlighting this was offtopic for this thread though.

@dorsetboy: I have the RSS feed now on my browser in work, can't find an option for it to email me though? where is that?
Jase

Rik

Quote from: gyruss on Sep 06, 2010, 12:54:18
@dorsetboy: I have the RSS feed now on my browser in work, can't find an option for it to email me though? where is that?

I'm not aware of it being able to email, it's RSS or the Network status page only afaik. Unless, of course, you use a client which emails RSS.
Rik
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: gyruss on Sep 06, 2010, 12:54:18can't find an option for it to email me though? where is that?

Your mail client probably has an option to connect to RSS feeds.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

esh

At what sort of time are we roughly expecting this routing to be all happy again? It's down once more here.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Rik

No problems known, possibly your ISP's cache needs to be refreshed.
Rik
--------------------

esh

It's happening across 5 different ISPs which is what made me wonder if there was an expected time frame for this.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Rik

You're reaching the forum, so clearly that routing is working. What can't you reach?
Rik
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: Rik on Sep 06, 2010, 13:08:41
No problems known

Except maybe this oddity that Gary and I have about not updating the DNS servers... seems what I was doing (putting in blank entries) should have forced a reload from IDNet.

Could be an odd caching issue somewhere though, I'll see how it goes.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

I've just had an update, the OpenDNS server is still being used, except, apparently for me.  :dunno:
Rik
--------------------

esh

My idnet internet line is what I'm (and others) having trouble accessing (from outside). It's up for a while, then it goes again. I'll try resetting all the network hardware and see if that helps.

Steve

I set up the Mac to have two network locations , automatic is Idnet DNS the other Opendns which is the default and just switch between the two if required. I don't get the page of garbage, I think you must be able to turn that off as my urls are not word perfect
Steve
------------

Rik

Quote from: esh on Sep 06, 2010, 13:17:47
My idnet internet line is what I'm (and others) having trouble accessing (from outside). It's up for a while, then it goes again. I'll try resetting all the network hardware and see if that helps.

So you're having trouble tunnelling in?
Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

PS. Had problems yesterday, but have cleared up now. I am however on ASDL and not ASDLMax. Is it only Max customers having continued faults?
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Rik

It shouldn't be, Ben, partly because I'm on Max and partly because we're all the same when we reach IDNet, it's just the speeds in between that differ.
Rik
--------------------

peasblossom

I have had a good look for RSS feed info but can't find any. How do I go about achieving this? Ta.

Rik

Log in to your customer portal, look towards the bottom of the left hand menu, you'll see Network Status and, under it, Updates via RSS.
Rik
--------------------

peasblossom

Hmm. I have tried that but I'm having real trouble tunnelling in. The password and user name emailed don't seem to work. (I did type carefully!) Which do I need to use? Forum or webmail password?

Rik

Neither, the one you use to access the portal and the web.
Rik
--------------------

peasblossom

I've tried that one and am still not in...  ???

Rik

Take me through what you are doing, step by step, would you?
Rik
--------------------