Post upgrade problems

Started by Rik, Sep 05, 2010, 19:43:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Dan

Hi all.

My connection has been up and down this afternoon. Yesterday morning my connection went down and support said that it sounded like I had a "stale session" but got me fixed in about 15 minutes or so. But I've had three outages in the last hour or so. Is this part of a post upgrade problem too?

(I'm subscribed to IDNet's support RSS and don't see anything on the Support status pages, not sure if I should sit tight or contact Support).
Dan

Rik

If you mean it lost sync, then that's a local issue. If you had sync but couldn't reach the web, it could be BT or iDNet.
Rik
--------------------

BadMelonFarmer

Quote from: Rik on Sep 07, 2010, 16:51:09
Those that can are fixing, those that can are answering the phone and one person is swanning around Egypt. Hi and welcome to the forum at one of our bedlam moments. :welc: :karma:
Thanks  ;D

BadMelonFarmer

Quote from: Rik on Sep 07, 2010, 16:52:39
It was initially blamed on a resolver, due to events over the weekend, but on examining the logs, it's an external routing issue, apparently. Blame rolling 24 hour news trying to keep people in the loop.  :blush:

With DNS being so fundamental, it often gets the blame for routing issues, so I am used to denending it's honour  :rant2: LOL

And thanks for the warm welcome guys, even in times of stress.

it is an intermittent error though, had it for 15 mins this morning then twice this afternoon.

pesky cisco gremlins?

Rik

Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Quote from: BadMelonFarmer on Sep 07, 2010, 17:16:48
had it for 15 mins this morning then twice this afternoon.

Lucky you ;D  I only manage once or twice a year. :eek4:
------
Alf :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

Had a random disconnect today. First one ever. Probably due to the upgrades? (There was a BT van at the exchange earlier in the morning, no idea if it's related. :O )
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

BadMelonFarmer

cavillas

Quote from: Technical Ben on Sep 07, 2010, 17:54:08
, no idea if it's related. :O )

Ask some of your relatives, they might knowabout cousins, aunts and uncles etc. ;D
------
Alf :)

Technical Ben

Quote from: Rik on Sep 07, 2010, 17:57:46
Loss of sync, Ben?

Nope, just read the updates on the main page/your comments. I kept connection all the way, but got the little "internet disconnected icon" so I was connected to the exchange, then nothing else.
So it seems the servers were stuck in the usual "updating" then reset and said "update failed, retrying". I've had that happen in windows a couple of times.  :rant2:

Technical Ben

Another drop. Could not connect to any webpages, and "lost connection" icon appeared. Strangely enough, I had a mumber server up (similar to Skype) and it kep working all the way through. Was funny telling people over the internet "My internet has disconnected". It was a bit like the twilight zone.  :eek4:

Rik

You'd better talk to support, Ben, this doesn't seem to fit the profile of what's been happening today.
Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

I will give it one more day. Just to be sure. Seemed to be the same problem as Sunday.  :dunno:

Rik

There really shouldn't be any hangover from Sunday, Ben, but stranger things have happened.
Rik
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: Rik on Sep 07, 2010, 23:00:16
There really shouldn't be any hangover from Sunday, Ben, but stranger things have happened.

Not convinced about that... I still think that new kit is sending some of us on the pretty route :(
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

Have you tried tracing Bill?
Rik
--------------------

Niall

Just thought I'd post to say everything has been fine since last night for me. I totally forgot to mention it!

Strangely, as of 2 minutes ago it has become lightning fast to load webpages, not that it was slow today at all either!
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Bill

Quote from: Rik on Sep 07, 2010, 23:06:33
Have you tried tracing Bill?

Where to? :dunno:

I'm going mainly on the BQM traces, they're horrible compared to before the upgrade. I wish I'd done a reverse traceroute from tbb on Saturday, that might have been interesting.

But like I said earlier, it's not causing me any serious grief in comparison to what others are getting (just a bit of speed loss on some sites) so I'll leave it for a while.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

Any sites giving you grief...
Rik
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: Rik on Sep 07, 2010, 23:14:39
Any sites giving you grief...

Only some of the forums on tbb, but there's nothing IDNet can do about that :P

Seriously, none constantly, but every now and then a site will go slow for a few minutes, then back to normal. Never slow for long enough to investigate anything >:(
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

Quote from: Bill on Sep 07, 2010, 23:22:26
Only some of the forums on tbb, but there's nothing IDNet can do about that :P

Miller02?  :evil:

QuoteSeriously, none constantly, but every now and then a site will go slow for a few minutes, then back to normal. Never slow for long enough to investigate anything >:(

You need to practice fastest finger first, Bill. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: Rik on Sep 07, 2010, 23:25:32
Miller02?  :evil:
He's the latest ;D

But I think some of the regulars have finished painting their bridges :mad:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6