Is bt speedtester totally broken?

Started by SSK, Sep 16, 2010, 12:02:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

It is working for me at present although you do have to wait an age once you've entered your phone no. and clicked test.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

FritzBox

Quote from: Steve on May 15, 2011, 17:32:35
It is working for me at present although you do have to wait an age once you've entered your phone no. and clicked test.

Tried it on my other pc too. One running XP and the other 7
I'll try again much later if I'm not too ratted :thumb:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

I'll have a look at my own config when I get in from work later.

Another little tip I've learned is that if you have multiple versions of Java installed it can screw things up like the speedtester because browser does not know which version it should use and I don't think BT specify in the code.

This leaves two options:

Uninstall all versions except the latest

or

Go into the Java Control Panel (Switch Control Panel to Classic View on XP or select additional options on Vista/7 I think)

Click the Java tab and then click View next to Application runtime settings and untick all boxes under Enabled except for 1.6.0_25

Click OK and OK on Java Control Panel.
Close Control Panel and try the test again after closing and reopening your browser.

FritzBox

Quote from: pctech on May 15, 2011, 18:16:02

Another little tip I've learned is that if you have multiple versions of Java installed it can screw things up like the speedtester because browser does not know which version it should use and I don't think BT specify in the code.

This leaves two options:

or

Go into the Java Control Panel (Switch Control Panel to Classic View on XP or select additional options on Vista/7 I think)

Click the Java tab and then click View next to Application runtime settings and untick all boxes under Enabled except for 1.6.0_25

Close Control Panel and try the test again after closing and reopening your browser.

Ta pctech, I'll have a look at that should I get no joy later

pctech

FritzBox

Quote from: pctech on May 15, 2011, 18:16:02

This leaves two options:

or

Nope no joy with that either, still the same, only had two versions in there, disabled the 03 version. Looks like I'm going to be stuck with a stuck profile

pctech

definitely BT then.

Support should be able to get the profile unstuck for you.

pctech

didn't notice that URL you posted Fritzbox.

Can you use http://www.speedtester.bt.com successfully (I have a feeling the one you posted failed for me too but need to confirm on my own connection which I'll do this evening for you)

Glenn

Quote from: pctech on May 16, 2011, 08:48:28
definitely BT then.

Support should be able to get the profile unstuck for you.

That would be FritzBox's own ISP support team, as he/she is not an IDNet customer. ;)
Glenn
--------------------

pctech

Fair enough, did not know as cannot see IPs.  ;D

FritzBox

Quote from: pctech on May 16, 2011, 08:51:31
didn't notice that URL you posted Fritzbox.

Can you use http://www.speedtester.bt.com successfully (I have a feeling the one you posted failed for me too but need to confirm on my own connection which I'll do this evening for you)

Same result I'm afraid

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

My ISP has put in a call to BT, but without the results of their non working speedtester it's debatable wether that will do anything

pctech

If you are getting that error it rules out a Java issue, probably a database problem somewhere within BT.

FritzBox

Quote from: pctech on May 16, 2011, 11:48:02
If you are getting that error it rules out a Java issue, probably a database problem somewhere within BT.

Thanks for your help pctech

pctech

.Griff.

Will the BT Speedtester load for anyone else?

It's just sitting there trying to load for me.

BrianM

B T Speedtester hasn't been loading for me for the past 2 or 3 days, but just tried it now and loaded no problem. 
Brian

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.

.Griff.

It's also working again for me now. Earlier on it just didn't want to know.

Rik

It has having a lazy Friday lunch... ;)
Rik
--------------------