Decreasing Speeds

Started by mj62mj62, Sep 09, 2010, 08:05:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

5 years ago - I would go further and say 10 - 20 years ago when the cable companies were rolling out fibre.
Glenn
--------------------

cavillas

Actually I would go back even further , say64 years, just after the war when everything should have been upgraded.  Just like they did in Germany. ;D
------
Alf :)

mj62mj62

Hi Rik, All,

Well, it's with regret that I have left idnet - or more appropriately, I have left BT.  After numerous rounds of unbanding my line, moving me to adsl max, etc, nothing was working and weeks of my time was wasted.

I have moved to Virgin.  Which I do with a heavy heart because I'd rather vote with my wallet and support the ISPs that provide excellent service.  However idnet were powerless to resolve my problem and after each 'experiment' we had to wait 72 hours to see how the BT technology changed.  Ironically VM could show up and install it quicker than idnet could resolve it.

I'm convinced that the problem was not in my house.  I had some electrical engineers of my own visit and they even went the extra mile, putting steel boxes around all the wires that could be affected and performing measurements.  Multiple routers, running wires out away from any interference, etc, nothing changed anything.  It must have been on BT's end.

In the long haul, I can't see any BT related ISP having a future, other than disgruntled customers leaving VM.  If you have a VM problem, they can perform a fix and then measure it's success or failiure.   BT takes up to 72 hours to determine if a fix worked, due to their technology...

Anyway, goodbye idnet - best of luck with Fiber and a huge thank you to Rik and other idnetters for your advice and assistance.  I really appreciate it.

All the best,
Matt

Simon

Good luck, Matt!  You'll always be welcome here, IDNet customer or not.  :)
Simon.
--

Rik

Good luck, Matt, don't be a stranger. )
Rik
--------------------