Started by Colin Burns, Sep 24, 2010, 14:48:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Burns

How bad is a red power light on a 2 wire as it looks all evils and dead   :mad:

Steve

Either router or PSU is dead.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Colin Burns

hmmm see if i can finds danni's PSU

Rik

If the red light is going on and off, I've found it tends to be the PSU Colin.
Rik
--------------------

Glenn

As Mr. Myagi would say "Power on, Power off"
Glenn
--------------------

Polchraine

Solid Red is a System Error

Power off, wait and power on.   If that fails try a reset ...   I f that fails, buy a new one!

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

Tacitus

My PSU on the 2700 is putting out a lot of noise.  Anyone know where I can buy a replacement?  If not an OEM replacement can someone suggest an alternative - preferably something that is unlikely to generate significant noise levels?

At present it's well away from the 2700 so I don't think the noise is being picked up.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Tacitus

Quote from: Rik on Sep 25, 2010, 11:16:45
http://www.digidave.co.uk/jshop/
but also known as DodgyDave, Tac.

I have heard various tales about DigiDave Rik.  Surprised nobody has set up a UK business importing 2Wire kit.  Maybe Pace will start to offer them to retailers.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Simon

The PSU I ordered from DigiDave was delivered, and operates, without any problems.
Simon.
--

Tacitus

Quote from: Simon on Sep 25, 2010, 13:29:58
The PSU I ordered from DigiDave was delivered, and operates, without any problems.

I guess you take a chance when it comes to internet buying  :)   That said I've heard enough about DigiDave to make me think he wouldn't be my first choice. 

Tacitus

Quote from: pctech on Sep 25, 2010, 14:22:03
The whois info for that domain looks bogus too
http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?query=digidave.co.uk&WHOIS+Submit.x=0&WHOIS+Submit.y=0

Yes it does look a bit odd.  Someone in Ireland - or Iran - according to taste.  The DigiDave site says the company is registered in Jersey.

Gary

I think a few people well, Inactive being one had issues with digidave and the 2 wire he bought but it was replaced I believe without issue.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Tacitus

Quote from: Gary on Sep 25, 2010, 15:12:24
I think a few people well, Inactive being one had issues with digidave and the 2 wire he bought but it was replaced I believe without issue.

Just found these people.   They look OK - don't know if anyone has used them.

pctech

I believe if you are a business WHOIS should state your business address but if you are a non-trading individual you can opt out (as I did)

I tend to look up Whois before I do business with any company and certainly wouldn't trade with them and am very tempted to flag that one to Nominet.

Tacitus

Quote from: pctech on Sep 25, 2010, 15:37:15
I believe if you are a business WHOIS should state your business address but if you are a non-trading individual you can opt out (as I did)

That's correct.  My domain is a .co.uk but my address doesn't appear on the WHOIS page.  A friend whose wife has her own marketing business and works from home, has her home address on the WHOIS page.  Personally I would be tempted to use my accountant's address and register the business there.

Quote from: pctech on Sep 25, 2010, 15:37:15
I tend to look up Whois before I do business with any company and certainly wouldn't trade with them and am very tempted to flag that one to Nominet.

Good idea.  The Jersey company address for DigiDave is a PO Box....  Power Adaptors is a UK individual but at least there is an address that looks valid.  

Rik

Quote from: Tacitus on Sep 25, 2010, 15:29:36
Just found these people.   They look OK - don't know if anyone has used them.

They certainly look more the part.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Tacitus on Sep 25, 2010, 15:47:37
That's correct.  My domain is a .co.uk but my address doesn't appear on the WHOIS page.  A friend whose wife has her own marketing business and works from home, has her home address on the WHOIS page.  Personally I would be tempted to use my accountant's address and register the business there.

I wonder who put Kilkenny in Iran? ;D
Rik
--------------------

pctech

I'm sure if you tried to drink Guinness there you'd probably be hauled before their cobblers spouting President.

Rik

Before being lashed...  :(
Rik
--------------------

pctech

Well the site definitely appears to be hosted in Ireland though of course that doesn't mean much these days, my mail is hosted on a server in Germany.

Tracing route to www.digidave.co.uk [213.254.224.25]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2    23 ms    23 ms    22 ms  losubs.subs.dsl2.th-lon.zen.net.uk [62.3.84.21]

3    38 ms    22 ms    22 ms  ae0-114.cr1.th-lon.zen.net.net [62.3.84.185]
  4    23 ms    23 ms    23 ms  sl-gw23-lon-11-1-0.sprintlink.net [82.195.189.65
]
  5    24 ms    23 ms    24 ms  sl-bb23-lon-9-0-0.sprintlink.net [213.206.128.62
]
  6    24 ms    22 ms    22 ms  sl-bb20-lon-3-0-0.sprintlink.net [213.206.129.15
0]
  7    24 ms    23 ms    24 ms  sl-gw11-lon-14-0-0.sprintlink.net [213.206.128.5
7]
  8    23 ms    22 ms    23 ms  sle-tisca-3-0.sprintlink.net [213.206.159.98]
  9    35 ms    34 ms    33 ms  xe-3-1-0.dub20.ip4.tinet.net [89.149.183.189]
10    33 ms    33 ms    33 ms  antelope.redsquared.com [213.254.224.7]
11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Tacitus

Quote from: Rik on Sep 25, 2010, 16:18:14
Before being lashed...  :(

We may jest, but last year I had a couple of Iranian women in one of my classes both of whom had fled Iran.

One was a qualified Pharmacist but since her abusive husband - a fanatical supporter of the regime - had kept all her papers in Iran she could not prove her qualifications.  Even though we obtained a transcript from Tehran University, the UK pharmacists registration board would not accept that as sufficient evidence, so she was going to retrain as a radiographer since that would be quicker than having to retrain as a Pharmacist.

Another was a Christian who was opposed to the regime.  Apparently you can belong to no religion at all in Iran and that is perfectly OK since it leaves open the possibility of conversion to Islam.   However being a Christian means you have actively rejected Islam which is not a good thing....

Before anyone says, both were determined to make a new life and pay their way despite the difficulties they faced.  In my experience it isn't those fleeing repressive regimes that are idle, more often it's the ones (of whatever ethnicity) that are born here.

kinmel

I usually just buy another 2700HGV off Ebay, this week's cost £4.99 delivered.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?