Router On Or Off??

Started by stores, May 28, 2006, 17:08:40

Previous topic - Next topic

stores

Hi all,
Have migrated to IDNet from the throttling Pip.x just waiting to be switched over now, e-mail reckons should be activated by 6pm on the 31st may, my question is that I have read that my Belkin ADSL Modem Router Wireless G Router might need to be switched off when the activation takes place? I am currently on 1mb with pip.x and have signed for Home Max with IDNet any ideas as to what I need to do?

many thanks and I am pleased to be with you

Scott

Welcome aboard Stores - hope it all goes well for ya !

Me - I left everything on...no cycling - came back from work on the alotted and was whizzing along. A 4 or  day period ensued where speeds went up and down...thereafter all good !

HTH & GL
S

[edit] please ! who's giving me the love in here...?! I'm a nerd...I love this shiznit !!? Oh go on then - thanks for the karma ;)
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls

pazzaTgreat

Welcome from me too Stores.

Just to contradict Scott, I left mine on and was stuck with the 2Meg cap for days until I switched it off overnight.

I say it can do no harm to switch off the night before changeover is due.

Mind you, rumour suggests that this isn't necessary anymore.  :P

and I love this smiley ..... :banana2:
Man cannot live by beer alone, but he has tried very hard on occasions.

Thar

Quote from: Scott on May 28, 2006, 22:39:25

[edit] please ! who's giving me the love in here...?! I'm a nerd...I love this shiznit !!? Oh go on then - thanks for the karma ;)

I gave you one last night! ;) You mean you don't remember :o

pazzaTgreat

Quote from: Thar on May 28, 2006, 23:12:32

Are we allowed to use such blatant innuendo?   :crazy:

sobranie

Have migrated to IDNet from the throttling Pip.x just waiting to be switched over now, e-mail reckons should be activated by 6pm on the 31st may, my question is that I have read that my Belkin ADSL Modem Router Wireless G Router might need to be switched off when the activation takes place? I am currently on 1mb with pip.x and have signed for Home Max with IDNet any ideas as to what I need to do?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Presume you're aware that you have to change your log in details in your router?

Thar

Quote from: pazzaTgreat on May 28, 2006, 23:15:16

I don't know what you mean?  :o

pazzaTgreat

Quote from: sobranie on May 28, 2006, 23:42:11

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Presume you're aware that you have to change your log in details in your router?

Interesting point.

I have migrated providers about 4 times and I have never dropped access by leaving the router on all the time.  The old login on the router seems to keep the connection after migration takes place. Obviously, you will have to change them the next time you shut the router down but ... why doesn't the router disconnect in the first place to prompt you to use the new details?

stores

thanks for all the replies so far  ;D  think will leave router on and see how we go, will of course have to put new details into router ASAP I guess?? Me thinks that Pip.x will be losing many more rather peeved and throttled users in the near future with their attitude i took great pleasure in tellin them what I thought!!!!
Lets hope it all goes smoothly HOME MAX here I come LOL (I hope)
Yeah this smiley really is ace  :banana2:

mrapoc

i left mine on and im synced at the full package baby  :P 8mbps max  ;D

Coopes

Never touched mine everything just happened.......Oh...forgot welcome to IDNetters.
Regards

Mark

http://marksdigitalimages.blogspot.com/
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.

Scott

D'Oh !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Scott

Quote from: pazzaTgreat on May 28, 2006, 23:15:16

Yes...unless it get's reported to the Mod's Mod. then I might end being 'taken in hand' OOooerrrrr !