Conection Dropping

Started by GarryF, Oct 10, 2010, 21:18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

GarryF

Been using idnet for some years now, dating back to this thread
http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=7245.msg159263#msg159263

Last few weeks the connection has started to drop out, generally restarting the 2-wire has got things going again.

This afternoon connection has dropped and isn't coming back up with a router restart.

inder link test it sats
DSL sync - up
G. DMT -up
PVC connection - up
PPPoA Service - up
PPP Authentication - --
IP Connection - --
DNS Comms - --

Seems to me it's making a DSL link but no authentication, any ideas what I should do next?

Glenn

Nothing to do tonight but wait, Garry. As per the News Banner, both Host links to BT have failed.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

GarryF

Silly me, I didn't realise the whole ISP was down :)

Do you think the previous disconnects I've been having are related?

Simon

Probably not.  This has only happened this evening.
Simon.
--

Bat

Hi,
I've been getting the same for a good while now. They've been less frequent recently, up until Sunday evening and now I've had 2 since?????

I also get fairly regular occurrences of Firefox is not connected to the internet, a refresh sorts this though?
Cheers,
Gavin :)

Rik

Sunday night and Monday night can be attributed to BT, Gavin. You may also have local work done in preparation for 21CN. That should only occur between midnight and 7am. If you're getting issues outside these hours, then we need to start doing some diagnostics.

Does the problem only affect Firefox, ie if you use another browser does it still occur? What FF addons do you use, what AV software?
Rik
--------------------