Could it be my cabinet is the only one in the street to not be FTTC enabled?

Started by jm_paulin, Oct 27, 2010, 08:53:09

Previous topic - Next topic

jm_paulin

Interesting how I can get FTTC by 31st December (when is was initially 30th September) when I use the phone number checking. Post code checking says I can get it now, and I know the shop around the corner can get it today (I checked their number). So do I have the bad luck of being connected with the only cabinet in the street that is not FTTC Enabled?

Rik

It's entirely possible. What's your current sync speed and downstream attenuation.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

Check with your neighbours, can they get it? I believe the current cabinets serve around 500 lines, not sure if the FTTC cabinets serve the same number.
Glenn
--------------------

jm_paulin

With Be ADSL2+(G.992.5)
Sync Download Speed: 5430000
Attenuation: 50 dB

So I am definitely not connected directly to the exchange is that was the idea.

jm_paulin

Quote from: Glenn on Oct 27, 2010, 08:56:26
Check with your neighbours, can they get it?
Neighbours cannot (we are in the same batch of houses)
Shop around the corner can (that is not even 100 yrds away)

Rik

Quote from: jm_paulin on Oct 27, 2010, 08:58:14
So I am definitely not connected directly to the exchange is that was the idea.

It was. :)

It may be that BT doesn't recognise your line if you're with Be, I suppose. OTOH, from your next reply, it sounds like there's a cabinet which hasn't been enabled, and I've heard this will happen, for technical or environmental reasons.
Rik
--------------------

Anton

have you tried using the postcode option in the availability checker? That should remove the dependency on your Phone number and give you a general yay or ney.

--
Anthony.
Anton
FTTC - Airport Extreme (Dual Band) - Various Macs and Apple TVs!

jm_paulin

Quote from: Anton on Oct 27, 2010, 21:06:02
have you tried using the postcode option in the availability checker?
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 29.3 to 35.8 Mbps and upstream line speed between 6.6 to 9.1 Mbps.

But it also says...

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

zappaDPJ

I had a similar issue. My next door neighbour had it and at least two other houses close by had it but according to the line checker the exchange wasn't enabled for my number. Over a period of around 3 months the date given for my number went up and down like a yo-yo. In the end I got it installed a month before the exchange was enabled according to the BT Infinity checker :dunno:
zap
--------------------

jm_paulin

Ok,

After managing to get back and forth with BT, they gave me the reason: For the cabinet I am on, the planning permission was not granted. So BT resubmitted a new planning permission to a slightly different location. New date is Dec 2010, but I can see the planning is still not approved yet, so I doubt... we shall see....

Rik

Don't hold your breath, some of these planning applications have been back and forth like ping pong balls.
Rik
--------------------

jm_paulin

WooHoo

The Green cabinet is Up... openreach still say enabled end of March, but I saw them running cable around the box yesterday....so hopefully soon....

:P

Rik

Rik
--------------------

jm_paulin

indeed...

Date just be updated to 30th Jun 2011. It gets pushed put by 3 month every 90 days.... 
:bawl:
Does not look like a converging serie....

JM (still stuck in the slow lane)

Glenn

Mine has been pushed from 31/3/11 back to 30/9/11, so I'm still in the slow lane with you.
Glenn
--------------------

jm_paulin

Ok... Mine got pushed out to June 30, then moved back to April 7th (about a week before going live).
Now it is live (presumably), and I just put the order through IDNet. They reckon 5 days... we shall see.....

Wish me luck!

JM

Glenn

JM, my install is now going ahead on Monday after it changed again
Glenn
--------------------