Question about ADSL Max 10 Day test period!

Started by AvengerUK, May 31, 2006, 21:01:37

Previous topic - Next topic

AvengerUK

Hey all,

I migrated in today, currently synced at  ds: 2208 Kbps Upstream: 448 Kbps, however my SNR does go lower than 6 at times , my question is does ADSL Max re-sync at differnt speeds when your connection drops or when you go below a cirtian SNR? *Hopes to stay @ 2208 ;)*
(Also does turning your router on/off effect this? A freind of mine had a horrible experience when he turned his off!)

Scott

Quote from: AvengerUK on May 31, 2006, 21:01:37
Hey all, I migrated in today, currently synced at  ds: 2208 Kbps Upstream: 448 Kbps, however my SNR does go lower than 6 at times , my question is does ADSL Max re-sync at differnt speeds when your connection drops or when you go below a cirtian SNR? *Hopes to stay @ 2208 ;)*
(Also does turning your router on/off effect this? A freind of mine had a horrible experience when he turned his off!)

Welcome aboard Avenger !  ;D

Advice is mixed about turning off/leaving on your modem/router. I say leave it on and let the BT learning algorithm on your connection work it's magic with the least interruption. Others swear by turning it off....Go figger !?

As to your first question, I'll leave that to someone more knowledgeable in here than me.

S
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls

Xbandito

Hi Avenger, as to the SNR of 6.....dont worry about it too much (if your in the 10 day learning period) for mine was in that.....did'nt affect connection too much......but BT (in all their wisdom) decided to turn on interleaving for me (1.75km from exchange) and my snr is now constantly at 11.....so speed is stable......(pings slightly higher than normal)... ;)

AvengerUK

Hmmm, id rather keep my low latency however :/, plus my router has somewhat gone wrong in the Downstream SNR reporting: DS Margin   2147483647 LOL!

Speaking of which...im now synced at 2080 rather than the 2200...not that makes much if any difference!

yorkiepudd

Is it a Netgear? They sometimes do that when they see a negative value for the SNR (doesn't mean it really is below zero, they are only guideline figures)
If you can't be good, be kind, and if you can't be kind, be home alone...

AvengerUK

Coopes

Welcome Avenger....don't worry about what your synced at mine has been up and down since max dsl.... even now I get between 1500 to 2500, I just live with it better than the 1mb connection I got before Max.
Regards

Mark

http://marksdigitalimages.blogspot.com/
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.

AvengerUK

Quote from: Coopes on Jun 01, 2006, 09:38:57
Welcome Avenger....don't worry about what your synced at mine has been up and down since max dsl.... even now I get between 1500 to 2500, I just live with it better than the 1mb connection I got before Max.

;) - Its at 2300 now, but since the outage during the night (and since ive turned the router off / reset it to factory settings [due to port forwarding prob!] ) its been downloading at 90kb/s and no more :( - I hope its the ADSL Max and not my router/something ive messed up ;)