Magic Routers?

Started by tehidyman, Oct 28, 2010, 19:01:18

Previous topic - Next topic

tehidyman

Is it possible to get a router where the user can specify the sync rate. This could offer a strategy for coping with the situation where a sync at 3744kbps and margin of 15db  changes every day in 15 minutes down to 0db margin, I then lose my connection and an essential reboot then gets me 15db margin but at 1856. I thought if I could specify a sync rate somewhere between the two values I could then get a margin to survive the drop. At present I have a Netgear 384G v3 and a 2-wire 2700 v6

pctech

DMT does not work on the 21CN version of DLM I understand.

Rik

Though, hopefully, BT will roll out the scheme to allow ISPs to manually override DLM that was trialled earlier this year.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

DorsetBoy

Quote from: pctech on Oct 28, 2010, 19:07:46
DMT does not work on the 21CN version of DLM I understand.

Portreath the nearest exchange to Tehidy is not on 21CN , Camborne is enabled so it depends which exchange it is.

pctech

tehidyman

I am on Camborne exchange.  First I need to work out what all the abbreviations mean.  :blush: I deduce that as I changed to adsl2+and then downgraded to WBC ADSL Max  then DMT will not work for me  :(

DorsetBoy

Ahh, Camborne would mean no DMT then. If you were upgraded to ADSL2+ and that failed due to line length/noise etc. your connection would have been remodulated to a Max speed but I doubt you would have been placed back on a Max connection.

I would get some router stats together,run a few BT speed tests and send them to support to see if there is anything they can do.

tehidyman

Quote from: DorsetBoy on Oct 29, 2010, 06:08:09
Ahh, Camborne would mean no DMT then. If you were upgraded to ADSL2+ and that failed due to line length/noise etc. your connection would have been remodulated to a Max speed but I doubt you would have been placed back on a Max connection.

I would get some router stats together,run a few BT speed tests and send them to support to see if there is anything they can do.
My IDNet package -cut and paste-
Package: Home PAYG (WBC ADSL MAX)
Premium Broadband: No
ADSL2+: Yes

Yes I was modified when my upgrade to ADSL2+ proved to be a bit of a catastophe.

Will  do  some tests when rewiring of extension and repositioning of DECT phone is complete.

Rik

There's no going back as far as the physical connection is concerned.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.