------
Alf :)

pctech

cavillas

2700 are great but things will change for the worse now I fear. :bawl:
------

pctech

Didn't know Pace manufactured Sky boxes now, thought Lord Alan Sugar cornered that market before selling Amstrad to Sky.

sobranie

jftr out of 6 sky HD boxes tried at my location the Pace model was the only one that worked properly & that was a second hand one. 

pctech

Cant say I've ever used one as used to have analogue cable which used a Jerrold Starcom Descrambler

However it's nice to see a British company taking over an American company for a change

Gary

Pace made damn good boxes and satellite gear, saying that weirdly the new Amstrad ones are actually better now, Sky I think bought that up and everything is in house and to spec, my 1TB Sky box is much more reliable than even my old pace one was. Times change, and so does the quality of once bad providers of electronics it seems.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

It was always down to Sky, demanding a design down to a price, of course - just like the domestic router market.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

Quote from: Gary on Oct 31, 2010, 10:27:36
Pace made damn good boxes and satellite gear, saying that weirdly the new Amstrad ones are actually better now, Sky I think bought that up and everything is in house and to spec, my 1TB Sky box is much more reliable than even my old pace one was. Times change, and so does the quality of once bad providers of electronics it seems.

Yeah Alan Sugar sold it in 2008 to them I believe.

Murdoch also owns NDS who make the viewing cards or conditional access modules.

Rik

An Israeli company. I wonder if he bought it from Robert Maxwell? ;D
Rik
--------------------

pctech

cavillas

Quote from: Rik on Oct 31, 2010, 17:05:40
An Israeli company. I wonder if he bought it from Robert Maxwell? ;D
I think it was a bequest. :whistle: ;D
------

Rik

Rik
--------------------