Ted

Quote from: Steve on Nov 21, 2010, 12:45:50
It's also working fine by Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 :eek4:

Flush your cache immediately, you naughty boy!  :no:
Ted
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Nov 21, 2010, 12:48:49
I've passed on the information to support, pointing them to this thread.
Cheers Rik, most odd  :(
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

psp83

I've tried youtube on a BT connection and my Three MIFI and it works, just doesn't work on my IDnet connection.

Rik

Works for me too.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

JB

Quote from: Rik on Nov 21, 2010, 13:04:48
Works for me too.

Also, and it might be my imagination, but Norton DNS seems to resolve quicker and all page contents are loading more quickly  :dunno:
JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'

Gary

Quote from: 6jb on Nov 21, 2010, 13:16:56
Also, and it might be my imagination, but Norton DNS seems to resolve quicker and all page contents are loading more quickly  :dunno:

I have noticed this as well, and the pings are about the same.

Ted

Quote from: 6jb on Nov 21, 2010, 13:16:56

No, you're not mistaken. It's why I use it, it does seem to be quicker than other servers in general.

These are also quite good.

NTT america = 129.250.35.250    129.250.35.251
Ted

Technical Ben

Quote from: Rik on Nov 20, 2010, 17:49:09
Thanks, Simon. :)

He is good isn't he. I have enough trouble getting my wireless to work (I blame windows setting it up "automatically" and wrong ;) ).
Yet, here he is, and the rest of IDNet, getting to the core of Googles infrastructure problems running through IDNets pipes. That's some well done research and industry knowledge.  :thumb:
[edit]
No trouble here. But from reading the thread (all of it this time :P) it seems it's because I'm on Open DNS settings.
So Somewhere between Google and IDNets DNS server, the wrong settings are being sent. Either from Google, or from IDNets DNS server?
It better not be BT again!  :mad:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

pctech

I hate to say it but it seems to point to something strange with IDNet's DNS resolvers.

Gary

Quote from: pctech on Nov 21, 2010, 15:00:04
I hate to say it but it seems to point to something strange with IDNet's DNS resolvers.

Still using Nortons Mitch, must admit they are much faster, as of now anyway than Idnets DNS resolvers, hopefully this will get sorted out.

.Griff.

Quote from: Technical Ben on Nov 21, 2010, 14:51:59
No trouble here. But from reading the thread (all of it this time :P) it seems it's because I'm on Open DNS settings.

I'm using OpenDNS, as always, and Youtube has been awful for me for the last few days.

Gary

Quote from: .Griff. on Nov 21, 2010, 15:17:45
I'm using OpenDNS, as always, and Youtube has been awful for me for the last few days.
Try Nortons and see how you get on, at least you can use youtube  :)

pctech

Try refreshing OpenDNS' cache from this page
http://www.opendns.com/support/cache/

pctech

Seems very strange how some people are getting issues and some aren't irrespective of the DNS.

.Griff.

Seems better now thanks Mitch!

rgt247

I have having problems all weekend using you tube. I have just switched to Norton dns from Idnet and is now working fine..
Rich

Plusnet :P

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

Peyr

Quote from: .Griff. on Nov 21, 2010, 15:17:45

Same here.  I've just tried Norton and that made no difference for me either.

Well I just reset everything again and now it's working with norton.

Rik

Which seems to illustrate the complexity of this issue - it appears to be very selective, but randomly.
Rik
--------------------

dudwell

Still not working with Open DNS, XP and Opera. Flushed DNS, switched to Norton, flushed DNS again (because I don't understand what I'm doing!) and now it's working perfectly  :fingers:

Thanks for the recommendation :thumb:

Gary

On my Netgear DGND3300 its showing a subnet mask as 255.255.255.255 cannot remember if that is correct? That's with the Norton DNS, just with all this mucking about I have got my head in a muddle and cant remember if thats right.

Ted

Quote from: Gary on Nov 21, 2010, 19:34:15
On my Netgear DGND3300 its showing a subnet mask as 255.255.255.255 cannot remember if that is correct? That's with the Norton DNS, just with all this mucking about I have got my head in a muddle and cant remember if thats right.

Yes, Gary. That's correct.
Ted

Gary

Quote from: Ted on Nov 21, 2010, 20:00:20
Yes, Gary. That's correct.
You are a star, Ted. What with the Morphine slowing me down and all the fiddling I got a bit lost  :karma: for your help today getting youtube up and running for us.

gazzthompson

whats all this DNS stuff ? i feel slightly embarrassed suggesting Idnet to my friend few months ago with the various outages and now this.. i know its not IDnetts problem but he doesn't know any different.. all he knows is his expensive internet isnt working as it should  :dunno: