Can anyone using Linux Mint 10 do a test for me please?

Started by JB, Nov 26, 2010, 09:43:15

Previous topic - Next topic

JB

Could you try accessing www.nationwide.co.uk with Firefox under Mint 10 and see if the page loads OK? There seems to be a bit of JS that is causing the page load to hang. It's OK with an older Ubuntu version and with Windows.

The site is OK because I can get to the log-in page by typing the second level URL directly.

Thanks,

JB.
JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'

Rik

It's quite sluggish in Windows, JB. They do have server capacity problems at busy times, Fridays and pay days particularly.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

davej99

JB.

Overall Firefox/Mint 10 seems to load at the same speed as IE8/Vista - about 3 seconds. But in Firefox/Mint, the green status bar does not go to completion and shows "Transfering data" for 5 minutes or so until it shows "Read." IE/Vista goes to completion as normal. On re-load there is no difference. BBC loads at about the same speed but goes to completion in both cases. So it does point to an issue with Mint/Nationwide. The tests were simultaneous on different systems. The Mint Nationwide test straddled the Vista test.

Dave

JB

Thanks Rik, yes it can be slow at times.

Thanks Dave, that is exactly what I am getting with FF & Linux Mint 10. As you say, working OK in Windoze. Going straight to the Sign On URL of https://olb2.nationet.com/AppServices/SignOn/SignOnProcess/Default.aspx?ID=3e works fine in Mint.

It's not a problem because the Sign On page is working and after that all is well. I always use linux to access any banking or finance sites, haven't made a Windows logon for a long time.

Cheers,

JB.
JB

Ted

Oddly enough, I installed Mint 10 on my spare machine, yesterday. That page does eventually load, but takes several minutes. Mind you, it's just the same on my main box, running Mandriva 2010.
Ted
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Bill

Just for info, loads in a snap on this Mac with Opera, Safari and Camino (haven't got FireFox).
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

JB

Yes, it loads in a snap for me on Windows!

And in fact it is *now* loading in a snap on Mint as well  :dunno:

I wonder if there was a strange error on the page which has now been corrected?
JB

MisterW

I use Ubuntu 10.04 and Firefox and have noticed that often the www.nationwide.co.uk page is slow to load. I log in via the sign on url but it tries to display www.nationwide.co.uk when you log out and quite often it is VERY slow to display

JB

Quote from: MisterW on Nov 26, 2010, 12:52:27
I log in via the sign on url but it tries to display www.nationwide.co.uk when you log out and quite often it is VERY slow to display

+1
JB