Web Pages Slow to Load

Started by Ardua, Nov 21, 2010, 09:30:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardua

I am on the WMMAL exchange with a download speed of 5500. Early last night I started experiencing problems loading some web pages. The problem continues this morning and I frequently get the message on my browser that I am not connected to the internet. This is not the first time that I have experienced this issue. Are any other users experiencing similar problems? I am surfing with Safari 5.0.2 with Mac OS X 10.6.5. Thanks.

Ardua

Stop Press. safari has just updated to version 5.0.3.

Simon

I know this isn't much help, but all seems fine here on SeaMonkey.  Could this be connected to the YouTube problems being discussed here?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Steve

If Safari's showing that your losing connection somewhere whether it be to you router, dropping ppp or resyncing.
Steve
------------

Ardua

My connection is very stable (and consistently fast) and it has been for days. The problem is that some web pages just will not load. It may be an Apple browser problem.

Ardua

Further research suggests that the problem is not that uncommon when using Safari.

Safari 5.0.1 or later: Slow or partial webpage loading, or webpage cannot be found
Last Modified: September 22, 2010
Article: TS3408

Symptoms
When loading webpages in Safari 5.0.1 or later, you may experience the following:

Slow performance
Partially-loaded pages
Webpage "cannot be found" message
Products Affected
Safari 5 (Windows), Safari 5 (Mac OS X 10.6), Safari 5 (Mac OS X 10.5)

Resolution

Your DNS server(s) or your router may be affected by DNS prefetching in Safari 5.0.1 or later.

First, try a different DNS service
Try a different DNS service, such as one of the DNS services below. This will test to see if the root cause of your issue lies with your selected DNS servers.

OpenDNS (http://www.opendns.com/)
Google DNS (http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/)
Or, search the Internet for "Third-party DNS services" for more options and information

For information about how to change DNS settings in Mac OS X, see Editing DNS and search domain settings.

If the issue persists in Safari, return to your original DNS server settings if desired, then continue with the next section.

If the issue persists, disable DNS prefetching

This article covers one possible reason for issues loading webpages in Safari. Mac users can review Mac OS X: Connect to the Internet, troubleshoot your Internet connection, and set up a small network to troubleshoot other Internet connection issues.

Any thoughts/comments on the Apple solution?

Steve

I wouldn't disagree but I only see that message when I'm not connected,which to me is different than no page,slow or partial.
Steve
------------