recent announcement

Started by Baz, Nov 22, 2010, 19:48:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Baz

about the BT work.it states that it will affect ALL........does this mean country wide or just stepney green

pctech

If you are in the south of the country your traffic will go through either this or the Faraday node both in London so it may affect you.

DorsetBoy

Quote from: pctech on Nov 22, 2010, 20:03:48
If you are in the south of the country your traffic will go through either this or the Faraday node both in London so it may affect you.

I wonder if BT actually know what they are doing, last nights work was notified to Xilo as being at Faraday, not Stepney.

Simon_idnet

Stepney Green is disproportionately important because it is the Exchange that is closest to Docklands and so serves Telehouse and all ISPs who are in Telehouse (the Exchanges in Mile End and Poplar also serve that area but Stepney is the main one).

Bill

Well, they were doing something between about 00:30 and 5am...

Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

esh

I didn't really see anything. I minor increase in average ping but I put that down to downloads. Back to normal again now. So I assume something happened. Maybe?
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Rik

We think, but with BT we can never be certain. ;D
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.