This will bring joy to all users (or not)

Started by DorsetBoy, Nov 23, 2010, 06:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

DorsetBoy

Notification of planned works by BT as posted at Xilo .............

QuoteBT - 21CN (Home/Office) Maintenance

BT have advised us of Planned Engineering Work required to be carried out on their 21CN Broadband Node in the London Southbank Exchange.

They will be increasing capacity and resilience which will allow for more edge routers to be connected to their network.

Start Time: 11:00pm, 25th November 2010
End Time: 6:00am, 26th November 2010

BT - 21CN (Home/Office) Maintenance

BT have advised us of Planned Engineering Work required to be carried out on their 21CN Broadband Node in the London Slough Exchange.

They will be increasing capacity and resilience which will allow for more edge routers to be connected to their network.

Start Time: 11:00pm, 29th November 2010
End Time: 6:00am, 30th November 2010

Broadband - Planned Engineering Works

Routine maintenance work will be completed on the network during this maintenance period.

Whilst this work is not expected to impact service, customers should deem the service at risk whilst this maintenance is taking place.

Start Time: 12:00am, 1st December 2010
End Time: 6:00am, 1st December 2010

BT - 21CN (Home/Office) Maintenance

BT have advised us of Planned Engineering Work required to be carried out on their 21CN Broadband Node in the London Bristol Exchange.

Start Time: 11:00pm, 2nd December 2010
End Time: 6:00am, 3rd December 2010

Broadband - Planned Engineering Works

Routine maintenance work will be completed on the network during this maintenance period.

Whilst this work is not expected to impact service, customers should deem the service at risk whilst this maintenance is taking place.

Start Time: 12:00am, 3rd December 2010
End Time: 6:00am, 3rd December 2010

BT - 20/21CN (Home/Office) Maintenance

BT have informed us that they will be upgrading the firmware on SHUB and Line Cards in the following exchanges during this time:

Wotton-under-Edge, Yatton, York, Liverpool Waterloo, Hest Bank, Liverpool Bridle Rd, Longniddry, Lydney, Lye, Manor Park, Marylebone, Maze, Merton Park, Monifieth, Moore, Mosborough, Moss Side, Mottram, New Oakley, Newmills, Northolt, Northwood, Orpington, Overbury, Paddington, Paisley, Parbold, Pattingham, Pelsall, Perivale, Glasgow Shettleston, Glasgow Springburn, Glasgow Stepps, Glenrothes North, Great Wakering, Grimsby Humber, Haddington, Hawkinge, Helsby, Henfield, Hermitage, Heysham, High Green, Highworth, Holmes Chapel, Hoo (Kent), Kempston (Beds), Kirkburton, Kiveton, Layton, Limavady, Liverpool Birkenhead, Liverpool Hunts Cross, Liverpool Maghull, Liverpool Sefton Park, London Denham, London Harefield, Londonderry Brookhall, Longton (Lancs), Magherafelt

Start Time: 2:00am, 6th December 2010
End Time: 6:00am, 6th December 2010

BT have informed us that they will be upgrading the firmware on SHUB and Line Cards in the following exchanges during this time:

Thornton Heath, Tickhill Lumley Drive, Tiptree, Torpoint, Rochdale, Rowlands Gill, Shanklin, Shepherds Bush, Snitterfield Stratford, South Kensington, Southampton Shirley, St Fergus, Stafford, Stainton, Starbeck, Stewarton, Studley, Sunderland, Sutton Cheam, Thorne, Thornley, Tile Hill, Tipton, Uddingston, Walney Island, Wapping, Warrenpoint, Wellesbourne Stratford, West Ayton, West Calder, Clevedon, Coatbridge, Cockenzie, Coggeshall, Coppull, Cowbridge, Cowes, Coxhoe, Crediton, Crook, Cullompton, Culverhouse, Darton, Dawlish, Doncaster North, Donnington, Dudley Hill, Dunbar, Eaglescliffe, Eccleston Chorley, Edinburgh Davidson, Ellon, Fordhouses, Forfar, Frome, Fulwood, Glasgow Bearsden, Glasgow Bell, Glasgow Drumchapel, Glasgow Erskine.

Start Time: 2:00am, 7th December 2010
End Time: 6:00am, 7th December 2010

Stoke Bishop, Sutton Cheam, Swanage, Sydenham, Taunton, Thornbury, Armagh, Ash Green, Aughton Green, Bacup, Ballyclare, Banwell, Barming, Barnoldswick, Barton-on-Humber, Belstead, Biggleswade, Billingshurst, Birchington, Birmingham Ashfield, Birmingham Rectory, Bishops Cleeve, Blairgowrie, Bleadon, Blidworth, Bridge of Allan, Brownhills, Canford Cliffs, Carluke Braidwood, Carnforth, Chapel Brampton, Chapel End, Chartist, Cheadle, Cheddar, Cleethorpes, Abbots Bromley, Aberdeen Lochnagar, Aberdeen West, Albert Dock, Annan, Vauxhall, Attercliffe, Ballater, Ballycastle, Bamburgh, Bangor (NI), Bardon Mill, Bayswater, Belford, Bellaghy, Bellingham, Birmingham James Bridge, Blair Atholl, Bolton, Bracknell, Brampton, Bredon, Brixton, Brotton

Start Time: 2:00am, 8th December 2010
End Time: 6:00am, 8th December 2010

Aberdeen Portlethen, Airdrie, Alfreton, Alloway, Amble, Ammanford, Campsie, Castle Douglas, Castledawson, Castleton (Nth Yorks), Catford, Catforth, Chaddesley Corbett, Chathill, Chelford, Chiswick, Chorlton, Clifton Campville, Coalburn, Cockfield (Durham), Congleton, Corbridge, Cosham Unit C, Cotherstone, Coventry, Cramlington, Crawley, Cricklewood, Croft Darlington, Crouch End, Curdworth, Dagenham, Dalkeith, Dinsdale, Droitwich, Dudley (NE), Stonehaven, Sutton Cheam, Thrapston, Tonypandy, Tonyrefail, Tranent, Tulse Hill, Upton Park, Uxbridge, Wallington, Walton On Thames, Wansford, Wells (Somerset), Wembley, Wemyss Bay, Westgate-on-Sea, Westhoughton, Weston-Super-Mare, Whaley Bridge, Whickham, Whitby Cook, Wombourne, Woodseats, Woolwich.

Start Time: 2:00am, 9th December 2010
End Time: 6:00am, 9th December 2010

Let's hope the "increased resilience" is noticeable for everyone.

Rik

Why don't they close the whole network for a week, do the job properly and stop annoying us with these constant patchwork repairs and upgrades.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

DorsetBoy

Quote from: Rik on Nov 23, 2010, 10:12:41
Why don't they close the whole network for a week, do the job properly and stop annoying us with these constant patchwork repairs and upgrades.

It would take more than a week to replace all the rusty fence wire old damaged copper around the country.

Rik

I was only allowing for the exchange work, Dorset. :)
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Frinton on sea not mentioned so must be a great exchange. ;D
------
Alf :)

Glenn

Or a back water they don't care about  :evil:
Glenn
--------------------

DorsetBoy

Rik

Frinton doesn't have an exchange, only a cable running to Clacton.  :evil:
Rik
--------------------

pctech

Closing the network for a week is a good idea but not likely to go down well with the ISPs, their users or BT management as strictly from a business point of view BT can't sell bandwidth to the ISPs and the ISPs can't sell bandwidth to their users and look what happens when it goes off overnight.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

DorsetBoy

Quote from: Rik on Nov 24, 2010, 10:01:08
Frinton doesn't have an exchange, only a cable running to Clacton.  :evil:

Evidence of no exchange........  ;D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

Quote from: Rik on Nov 24, 2010, 10:07:58
I wasn't being too serious, Mitch. ;)

No I know but it is a good idea.

I want to see them do away with ADSL and make FTTP ubiquitous so that the cost drops.

Rik

That would be the ideal, wouldn't it. A bit like the conversion to natural gas (before your time ;)).
Rik
--------------------

pctech

It would, and a fibre network would probably need a lot less regular maintenance.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

Apparently BT are having trouble getting voice to work on 21CN so maybe we need to transition to IP phones, which, like the PSTN corded type can be powered from the switch at the exchange.

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Nov 24, 2010, 10:24:39
That would be the ideal, wouldn't it. A bit like the conversion to natural gas (before your time ;)).
I remember that  :eek4:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Nov 24, 2010, 10:38:43
Great fun, wasn't it. :)
They had to add a smell didn't they? I seem to remember that it was odourless so a bit dodgy
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

That's right, they made it smell more like town gas.
Rik
--------------------

pctech

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

Rik

Sorry, Mitch, it's just what it was known as back then. The coking ovens were amazing...
Rik
--------------------

wecpcs

Quote from: Rik on Nov 24, 2010, 10:38:43
Great fun, wasn't it. :)

I was working for British Gas at the time as an engineer on their HP pressure Reducing Stations (PRS) and it was a very busy time, changing over from Town gas to Natural gas, where we had to flare off the waste gas once the pressure had dropped to a suitable point for the changeover. We had to keep our pressures just right for the LP distribution system feeding the community.
In the South East at a place called Shorne was the location of the three National API, operating at upto 1000psi on its inlet and fed from the National Grid into the South Eastern Area, the other two being at Mogador and Ripley  It was at these points where the odorant was added from temporary skids to create the smell. It was very nasty stuff and highly concentrated and if it got on your clothers you had to discard and destroy them.

Colin