This will bring joy to all users (or not)

Started by DorsetBoy, Nov 23, 2010, 06:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

wecpcs

Quote from: Rik on Nov 24, 2010, 16:45:33
Any idea what it was, Colin?

I cannot remember what is was called but I think the concentration was 1 droplet to 1 million cu.ft of gas, very concentrated and it came if I remember correctly in 5 gallon drums for ease of adding it to the injection system.

Colin

Rik

You wouldn't want to be around in case of accidental spillage then. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

Quote from: Rik on Nov 24, 2010, 10:24:39
That would be the ideal, wouldn't it. A bit like the conversion to natural gas (before your time ;)).
We barely have this around here. For ages I thought I did not have a pipe. But then I saw it was the old fire that had been removed, not the whole incoming supply. However, it has been suggested, that as it's been turned off/disconnected for so long, and there is not even a meter, they would charge for a whole new instillation, and may even lay new pipe as a precaution.

Just like the cost and extra work when laying the internet backbone and cable. You have to dig up, re lay, repave. How many people on full time wages do you think it costs? How long for each house? It must add up to more than a consumer can afford in a years worth of payments. You can start to understand why they want the price so high, until it's paid for itself.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Rik

Rik
--------------------