Volunteer wanted

Started by D-Dan, Nov 29, 2010, 21:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Dan

Hi guys,

If anyone is using Linux with plymouth doing the boot splash (Mint 10 does, I assume Ubuntu 10.10 does, possibly Red Hat) I've been working on a rip off of the Windows 7 splash (the welcome screen, not the animated logo), but themed for Mint. It isn't finished yet, but it would be nice if someone could test it for me.

My main aim is to ensure that the scaling and position of the various elements works on a machine other than my own.

It'd be really helpful if the tester already knows how to install plymouth themes and how to set which one to use.

Thanks in advance guys.

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Rik

I hope the rush hasn't overwhelmed you, Steve. ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Steve

Only version of Linux I use doesn't have a desktop GUI,in fact it doesn't have a monitor either.
Steve
------------

Rik

You're not much help then, Steve. ;D
Rik
--------------------

D-Dan

I knew it was a long shot. I didn't really want to ask on a dedicated Linux board just yet (wanted a little more polish on it first) but I guess I'll have to.

QuoteOnly version of Linux I use doesn't have a desktop GUI,in fact it doesn't have a monitor either.

Plymouth is pre-desktop - it's the splash between grub and desktop (instead of boring rolling text), so a desktop is not a pre-requisite. A monitor, however, is :)

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Rik

Give it a while if you're not in a rush, Steve. There's a few Linux users who haven't been in yet.
Rik
--------------------