First contact with IDNet support

Started by faircot, Nov 30, 2010, 10:09:45

Previous topic - Next topic

faircot

I moved to IDNet six months ago and yesterday switched on the PC to find no Internet connection (no sync). I did what I tell all my customers to do and turned off the router for a couple of hours. No connection.

Now, I run a local PC support business and I constantly hear too many horror stories of dealing with ISPs' support call centres for hours and hours on end ("No Internet connection? Never mind, just push the reset button on your router. Bye". All account info deleted and another job for me!).

Anyway, I took a deep breath, rang IDNet yesterday morning and pushed option 2. Five seconds later I was talking to Support (I regret I didn't take the person's name) and explained I didn't have a connection. I had my router status page in front of me in expectation of working my way through the two hour BT support style checklist but all my contact said was, "I'm going to do a quick line test". Five seconds later my connection sprang into life after your guy reset the connection at the exchange. Very impressive and my only regret is that in the excitement of getting my connection back I offered to marry your support guy. Unfortunately, my wife has vetoed this :no:

Good work, IDNet.

Rik

;D Now you know why we like it here.

It would have been James or Brian in all probability, with the possible addition of Simon, the MD. Now, if you'd said it was a lady, I could tell you for sure it was Miriam.

I'll make sure they know about your post, it always helps when they feel appreciated. :)

Incidentally, you should only have to leave your router off for a maximum of 30 minutes to cure a stale session.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Simon.
--

faircot

Quote from: Rik on Nov 30, 2010, 10:14:48

Incidentally, you should only have to leave your router off for a maximum of 30 minutes to cure a stale session.

I know, but I had to go and see someone whose Internet connection wasn't working - and then the real world interfered with my plans!

Rik

Just checked, it was Brian you spoke to.  ;)
Rik
--------------------

Glenn

So who is who http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075860/  ;D

Thanks for letting us know of your good experience, I'm sure Brian will appreciate the praise.
Glenn
--------------------

klipp

Brian is very good.  He spent almost an hour on the phone to me one day troubleshooting a wiring issue.  He's very patient. :)

Rik

They all are, we are lucky to have them. :)
Rik
--------------------