Two weeks and counting, still no MAC

Started by Docproc, Apr 26, 2007, 13:52:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Docproc

I'm currently with Eclipse, and I'm trying to leave them (to come to IDNet, of course) due to their poor customer service and ridiculous bandwidth throttling. It's not proving to be easy.

I can't get a MAC out of them; they're blaming it on BT, which, surprise, seems to actually be correct. I have a contact within the BT broadband support team, from the last time I had trouble with Eclipse (I ended up emailing Ben Verwaayen before anything was done) and they confirmed that it is some internal BT system problem. They've promised to get it sorted, but I'm less than impressed with both Eclipse and BT. Again.

Rant over ...

Glenn.

Rik

Hi Glenn

You might want to remind them that Ofcom say they have to give you a MAC in five working days. See here, and let them know that you'll be raising the issue with Ofcom if they don't.

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Docproc

Quote from: rikbean on Apr 26, 2007, 14:28:09
Hi Glenn

You might want to remind them that Ofcom say they have to give you a MAC in five working days. See here, and let them know that you'll be raising the issue with Ofcom if they don't.

I'm aware of the Ofcom "rule", but there's a get-out clause in that it doesn't apply if the delay is due to circumstances beyond the ISP's control (which in this case, being down to BT, it is). To be fair, Eclipse requested the MAC the day after I asked for it, it's just the usual case of the process going slightly awry and no-one being able to fix it.

I live in hope ...

Glenn.

Rik

Might not do any harm to get it on record with Ofcom anyway. I'd also recommend posting over in ThinkBroadband and seeing if Andrew offers to help.
Rik
--------------------

Docproc

Quote from: rikbean on Apr 26, 2007, 14:44:48
Might not do any harm to get it on record with Ofcom anyway. I'd also recommend posting over in ThinkBroadband and seeing if Andrew offers to help.

Will do - who's Andrew, by the way? (I don't use the ThinkBroadband forums very much as I find them very user un-friendly).

Glenn.

Rik

They are a bit less 'relaxed' than us. :) Andrew is Mr Saffron, one of the mods. He has good contacts inside BT and often intervenes on behalf of members. If you post along the lines of 'this is what has happened, is there anything I can do' he might pick up on it for you.
Rik
--------------------

Docproc

Quote from: rikbean on Apr 26, 2007, 14:51:04
They are a bit less 'relaxed' than us. :) Andrew is Mr Saffron, one of the mods. He has good contacts inside BT and often intervenes on behalf of members. If you post along the lines of 'this is what has happened, is there anything I can do' he might pick up on it for you.

Both the quality of the participants and the actual forum technology is far superior here than on TB!

I've been looking on the Ofcom site, and they advise you to "make a formal complaint to Ofcom" in my situation, but don't provide a link or any form to fill in! Who do I complain about Ofcom to? OfcomCom?  ???

Glenn.

Rik

Quote from: Docproc on Apr 26, 2007, 14:54:21
Both the quality of the participants and the actual forum technology is far superior here than on TB!

It's nice to hear that, though they do have some serious expertise over there. I'm trying to bribe a few to pop in here from time to time. :)

QuoteI've been looking on the Ofcom site, and they advise you to "make a formal complaint to Ofcom" in my situation, but don't provide a link or any form to fill in! Who do I complain about Ofcom to? OfcomCom?  ???

I know what you mean, the site is one of the worst I know. I couldn't see a way to complain except through phone or fax, details on this page.
Rik
--------------------

Docproc

Well, I finally got my MAC this afternoon (17 days after requesting it!) and have just signed up with IDNet. I hope it's worth it!

Glenn.

Rik

It will be, Glenn. Have a karma to tide you over the wait.
Rik
--------------------

Docproc

Quote from: rikbean on Apr 27, 2007, 16:56:56
It will be, Glenn. Have a karma to tide you over the wait.

Thanks!

How long does the process normally take?

Glenn.

Rik

Usually 3-5 working days. IDNet will give you a date as soon as they get it. The 'usually' covers BT being busy etc, it can sometimes be 10 days. :(
Rik
--------------------

psp83

BT strikes again, Just hope they don't mess your migration up like they did with mine..

Oh, and welcome  ;D

Rik

Quote from: psp83 on Apr 28, 2007, 09:28:34
BT strikes again, Just hope they don't mess your migration up like they did with mine..

No-one should have to go through what happened to you. :(
Rik
--------------------