NortonDNS (or any DNS)

Started by gazzthompson, Dec 03, 2010, 16:41:37

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzthompson

Hello!

So i downloaded nortonDNS when that youtube problem was happening recently, basically havnt uninstalled it yet.. but it seems good? is there any advantage to just using it all the time? is nortonDNS any good?

i dont really know what a DNS is really  ???. Im very computer literate when it comes to hardware and software, but networking and ISPs and stuff i have no idea so any help would be great.

Gary

Quote from: gazzthompson on Dec 03, 2010, 16:41:37
Hello!

So i downloaded nortonDNS when that youtube problem was happening recently, basically havnt uninstalled it yet.. but it seems good? is there any advantage to just using it all the time? is nortonDNS any good?

i dont really know what a DNS is really  ???. Im very computer literate when it comes to hardware and software, but networking and ISPs and stuff i have no idea so any help would be great.
I'm using it, it works fine for me, blocked a couple of nasties so I'm happy. If you are having no issues I would stick with it, they have a server in London so its fast anyway. I find it a tad faster than IDnets tbh, but as said if all is ok thats fine. Norton DNS unlike your ISP's DNS will block malware sites, that's the main difference.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't