BTW changed my IP Profile

Started by .Griff., Dec 10, 2010, 18:30:57

Previous topic - Next topic

.Griff.

After a shaky first week or two I've enjoyed a consistently fast connection and like almost every other FTTC user I've come across my IP Profile was 38718kbps.

Months of happy use has gone by and apart from the odd outages we had the other month there's been no problems. Until this afternoon that is! My IP Profile is now 22519kbps, close enough to 50% of what it's meant to be.

Can this be "reset" or am I at the mercy of Bodgit Telecrap?

Edit - You can see where the IP Profile was changed clearly -

My ping has also gone up as well.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rik

You really need to talk to support to find out what's happened. :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

.Griff.

Quote from: Rik on Dec 10, 2010, 18:37:08
You really need to talk to support to find out what's happened. :(

That was the plan but helpful BT changed my profile about 1 minute after support closed for the weekend.  :(

Rik

They have a fine sense of timing. :(
Rik
--------------------

.Griff.

Decided to have a quick nose on BT's own forum and there's loads of Infinity users pretty much saying the same thing. Over the last 24 hours their profiles have dropped dramatically and there's talk of a "nationwide" issue with the "Infinity network".

Can't see anything more informative than that.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/INFINITY-Netwrok-wide-Issues-IMPORTANT/td-p/81365/page/3

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/slow-speed-yet-again-infinity/td-p/81893

Any thoughts Bill? (I've obviously seen your post on TBB but I thought those links may shed should more light on things)

.Griff.

Another update.

My neighbour, who also has FTTC/VDSL2 in the form of Infinity from BT Retail, lives literally 2 metres above my head in the apartment above.

Interestingly his IP profile has remained the same at 38718kbps so I'm even more keen to know why BTW have picked on me?!?

Bill

Quote from: .Griff. on Dec 10, 2010, 19:26:12
Any thoughts Bill? (I've obviously seen your post on TBB but I thought those links may shed should more light on things)

I think the issues that the BT Infinity customers are having is something different, the drops that you and I have seen look very much like the usual Christmas lights syndrome. Within the new profile my connection seems as good as it was before*, and as I don't do gaming I don't really care about being on interleaved.

*  :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

I can't help but wonder whether this is another outbreak of robbing Peter to pay Paul, as we saw in the early days of ADSL2.
Rik
--------------------

.Griff.

It's now gone up slightly to 25859kbps.

Part of me can't wait until Monday morning now so I can find out what's going on.

.Griff.

Connection dropped this morning and ping has returned to normal.

IP Profile is now 33,878kbps.

.Griff.

Spoke to support. Several line drops recorded, most of them were me turning the modem/router off, but a couple were actual line drops which sent the DLM crazy and slashed my speeds.

Fortunately the IP Profile has increased twice since Friday and is on the way back to normal.

sof2er

I did notice my IP Profile dropping as well, from 38 717 to 38 716 :P

Rik

Rik
--------------------

cavillas

My local MP is Carswell and I have sent him an email with a link to BT's own Care Community site so he can see what all the complaints are about.  If everyone did the same to their MP's then perhaps BT/Openreach would have questions to answer higher up and even be in danger of losing their monopoly.  We can but hope. :evil:
------
Alf :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

Not likely while they have an MP on their board.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

.Griff.

It's taken nearly a week but my IP Profile is now back to 38718kbps  :) :)

pctech

I gather it takes 3 to 5 days.

DLM has the same work ethic as the laziest of BT engineers.

;D

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------