DGND3300 Firmware 2.1.00.46 (AVOID)

Started by Gary, Dec 15, 2010, 10:57:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

The latest release is causing problems as it reduces the output power of the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz spectra, basically 2.4ghz is so awful I had to stand a few inches in front of the router to connect, also the firmware wants to give all devices the same IP when DHCP is on  ::), Netgear are aware of the issue so DO NOT UPGRADE or turn off auto upgrade in settings until a new version has been released (and tested by some brave souls), or keep an eye on the Netgear forums. 2.1.00.42 is the last good firmware at present.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Dec 15, 2010, 11:10:06
Don't you love thorough testing!
Indeed, Rik. How this slipped past god only knows, and trying to get the script monkeys to realise I did not need help setting up my router but was reporting a fault made me grind my teeth it was so irritating, a process I am sure many others suffered this week, Netgear know about it and time will tell when they sort it, I just downgraded to the previous version. The new Firmware has got a new DLNA Media feature which looked good, and did sort out a few bugs with the nas, and ironically DHCP which it broke instead  ::)

Testing seems to be getting worse and worse these days :sigh:

esh

Netgear are the same company who released an ADSL router over here that they subsequently found out "does not work properly with BT lines". If that's not a glaring quality control issue, I don't know what is.

But then... does anything work properly with BT? ;)
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: esh on Dec 16, 2010, 00:21:06
Netgear are the same company who released an ADSL router over here that they subsequently found out "does not work properly with BT lines". If that's not a glaring quality control issue, I don't know what is.

But then... does anything work properly with BT? ;)
Have you got a link to that?  :)

Gary

The 2.1.00.46 firmware has now been pulled from the download stream, had a call at 10:20pm from a Netgear level one Tech saying they are aware of the DHCP and Wireless issues and new firmware is being worked on. Maybe they could test it before release this time  ::)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Dec 21, 2010, 09:11:17
Dream on. ;D
What annoyed me was the call at 10:20pm it said international, oh how I love the not knowing who that is, I have friends abroad so will answer the phone at that time of night, although you would think Netgear could work out time zones and it's probably a bit late to call and talk about bladdy routers >:(

BAP

Oh why do we keep buying Netgear routers! :dunno: I'm just as bad, bought lodes over the years, yet still lean towards them.
I have had different makes of Routers, cheap ones the expensive ones none seem to suit my BT line with one exception BT Business Hub 2700HGV, this has been running for over 4 months with no problems, cost £6 on Wightbay.com ( local to us ) Have got a brand new brand new Netgear DGN2200 sat on my desk , but reluctant to fire it up!!  :-\

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Gary

This router works fine, and its not the only make that has had glitches to be fair. Support is awful though. But as a dual band router its reliable and fast holds my line well and does all I need, this is the first firmware update I have had major issues with on this router in a year almost. I think this is the sign of the times more than anything else as outsourcing is still cheap and is still a QA problem, keeping things in house always seems to be a better idea.