BT2700HGV 2 WIRE and windows media centre

Started by BAP, Dec 28, 2010, 10:05:03

Previous topic - Next topic

BAP

I have a BT2700HGV 2 WIRE and have been trying to set up my windows media centre. ( windows 7 )
Typed in my extender No but failed to connect. I have been told that it is not possible to do this with this Router. Unless someone out there knows different,
Worked ok with my old Netgear, which is now deceased!

kinmel

What are you trying to use Windows Media Player to do ?
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Steve

I guess it worked on the Netgear via UPNP
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

Does it need some ports opening in the firewall?
Glenn
--------------------

Lance

Most likely, as the 2700HGV (as far as I'm aware) does not support UPNP.
Lance
_____

kinmel

Is he trying to stream on a local LAN or across the internet ?

Internet access to home media isn't available on Windows 7 Starter or Windows 7 Home Basic.

Here's how to configure the 2700HGV using port forwarding for other Windows 7 systems.........

1.      Open Windows Media Player in Library mode.    
  2.      Click Stream, and then select Allow Internet access to home media.
  3.      Click Diagnose connections, and then click Port forwarding information.

The Port Forwarding Information dialog box provides the following information:

Protocol. =                      Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) is usually used for media streaming.
           External port number. =   Your IDNet IP Address -  The Port Forwarding Information dialog box is the only place the external port number appears.
           Internal port number.   =  This is the port number for media streaming access to your home computer inside your home network. It's always the same number: 10245.
  4.      Using a computer on your home network, open a web browser and browse to the 2700's Firewall "# Allow Applications, Pinholes and DMZ Mode" page.
  5.      Select the appropriate computer and open the following ports  10245  and 443   
  6.      select SAVE

It should now work

Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

BAP

BAP

Rik

Rik
--------------------