Which one ?

Started by old Bill, May 04, 2007, 15:40:31

Previous topic - Next topic

old Bill

Due to  a unexpected very large problem I may have to leave Idnet. If I do for £5.00pm would you go for Sky or Orange. I dont want to use either but it looks as if I may not have a choice if I want to keep BB going.

Rik

Well, I wouldn't trust Sky with anything involving software, Bill. When I was with Orange, they were OK as long as nothing went wrong. Beware of them unbundling your line without telling you though.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Sky/Orange/Tiscali/Talk Talk...all the same. pay peanuts, get monkeys.

BTW,  Bill, I reckon this to about the 7th time that you have told us you are leaving.. let us know how you get on, that is if you are leaving this time. ::)

Not quite sure what the  " unexpected large problem " could possibly be that would force anyone in their right mind to consider Orange or Sky as a BB provider, but to each his own .. as they say.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

old Bill

As I said I dont want to leave Idnet. Lets just say I have to cut costs for a while to keep the bank manager happy.

MoHux

Bill, I came across THIS tonight .......... thought you should see it!  ;)
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Inactive

Quote from: old Bill on May 04, 2007, 20:56:43
As I said I dont want to leave Idnet. Lets just say I have to cut costs for a while to keep the bank manager happy.

Fair enough Bill, but to be honest, the cost of Broadband is really a quite small percentage of every day living costs in real terms..

Personally I would make savings by other options, rather than risk my BB connection to a bunch of incompetents like Sky or Orange, but only you know your personal circumstances.

Certainly I would be looking at a deal from one of the smaller BB players if push came to shove.

I wish you well with your planned move.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

ou7shined

Mate of mine was having long term probs with his BB (pings) and had Sky in the house neway so I suggested he check out their BB. He did. Obviously not as good as our IDNet but he's happy enough & can game ok. Sry 4 bad English - doin this on my moby.
Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!

Rik

Quote from: ou7shined on May 06, 2007, 12:03:13
Sry 4 bad English - doin this on my moby.

It can affect your eyesight you know!
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: ou7shined on May 06, 2007, 12:03:13
Mate of mine was having long term probs with his BB (pings) and had Sky in the house neway so I suggested he check out their BB. He did. Obviously not as good as our IDNet but he's happy enough & can game ok. Sry 4 bad English - doin this on my moby.

To be honest, I would sooner give up any Sky TV subscription package to save a few quid than risk Sky with my BB connection. The horror stories abound all over the net about their dire service.

I suppose it is all down to how much value an individual gives to their BB connection.

Also Sky is a 12 month ( at least ) contract, so any problems and a customer is well and truly stuffed.

Rik

And anyone with a Sky TV service knows just how good they are at TS. :( (Actually, they are really good at BS of course!!)
Rik
--------------------