BT 2700HGV v6.1.1.48 - Settings Reset on Power Off

Started by Lund, Jan 14, 2011, 15:37:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Lund

Hi all,

I recently acquired a BT Business Hub BT 2700HGV using v6.1.1.48 firmware and have configured the router to use a different ISP (Talk Talk) to that of BT using this guide. However I am having a few issues. I am able to set-up the router and browse the internet, but on power off my configured settings are lost and are reset to factory default.

Basically, when the router is switch off, my settings are lost. I'm unable to work out why this is. Is there something that can be done to retain my configured settings?

I switch the router off every night.

Thanks in advance,

Lund

Rik

Hi and welcome to the forum :welc: :karma:

I wouldn't advise switching the router off, it's designed to be left on 24/7. However, obviously, there's something going on (or rather not) which needs sorting.

Unfortunately, I've got no experience of that firmware version, but stick around and one of our experts will be along soon.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

kinmel

Successful changes to the 2700KGV's configuration survive a power off and so either :-

You are not successfully saving the config's, or else the router is defective.

After a re-boot, insert a pin into the small hole in the back of the router and force a factory reset.

Goto http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_0_1    and change the password.   reboot the router and once it has fully restarted go back to http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_0_1 and see if the new password has stuck.

If not, the router is faulty.

Apart from the MTU setting, Talktalk uses the same as the default BT settings on the 2700HGV.........
   * VPI: 0
   * VCI: 38
   * MTU: 1400
   * Automatic DNS settings
   * Authentication: CHAP
   * Encapsulation: PPP over ATM (PPPoA). VC-MUX

You should set the MTU on your PC as well as the router.

Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lund

Quote from: kinmel on Jan 14, 2011, 16:40:34
Successful changes to the 2700KGV's configuration survive a power off and so either :-

You are not successfully saving the config's, or else the router is defective.

After a re-boot, insert a pin into the small hole in the back of the router and force a factory reset.

Goto http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_0_1    and change the password.   reboot the router and once it has fully restarted go back to http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_0_1 and see if the new password has stuck.

If not, the router is faulty.

Apart from the MTU setting, Talktalk uses the same as the default BT settings on the 2700HGV.........
   * VPI: 0
   * VCI: 38
   * MTU: 1400
   * Automatic DNS settings
   * Authentication: CHAP
   * Encapsulation: PPP over ATM (PPPoA). VC-MUX

You should set the MTU on your PC as well as the router.

Hi Kinmel,

Unfortunately the same issue has arised. I reset the password using the WEP key and created a custom password - 'password'. Having successfully created a custom password I then did rest the router using a pin. When the router restarted my custom password was not recognised, back to square one.

kinmel

Quote from: Lund on Jan 14, 2011, 19:19:31
Hi Kinmel,

Unfortunately the same issue has arised. I reset the password using the WEP key and created a custom password - 'password'. Having successfully created a custom password I then did rest the router using a pin. When the router restarted my custom password was not recognised, back to square one.

NO!!!!!

You do the reset before changing the password, not afterwards.  A factory reset using the pin will always take you back to square one.

Change the password again, unplug the router from the mains, wait a few seconds and plug the router back in. Wait until the bottom light turns red and then check to see if the password has changed.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Bazru

I have same problem with my 2700HGV
firmware BT v6.1.1.48

Bazru

And it happens not each time. All is sometimes normal, and sometimes after switching-off of a router resets to defaults.
What is it?

Bazru

I seem have solved a problem with dump of options.
1. I have disassembled the modem
2. Has washed out a board with spirit
3. Has cleaned a brush.
4. Has well dried.
Here some days all is normal.