2700HGV V6 Wireless getting in a pickle

Started by gingerjedi, Jan 26, 2011, 18:05:35

Previous topic - Next topic

gingerjedi

Hi,

Every few weeks for reasons unknown my 2Wire drops anything connected wirlessly from the LAN, both my laptop and android phone lose network access yet the laptop show as 'connected' with a strong signal? It's as if the devices connect and authenticate but have no access to network resources?

If I right click and repair the connection (laptop) it works for a few minutes then drops off again, if I reboot the android phone it works for a short while and then drops. The only solution is to reboot the router which seems to fix the issue until the next time it happens which is often weeks later.

All devices apart from the phone have fixed IP's, the wired PC and WD NAS are unaffected.   

Any ideas?

Rik

Can you ping the router from the affected devices?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

MisterW

Our 2700 at the office sometimes exhibits similar issues with wireless after its been running for a few weeks. Usually it can be sorted by disabling and then re-enabling the wireless, thus avoiding a router reboot.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

gingerjedi

Thanks guys,

I can't ping it but it still shows as connected, it just seems to drop any wireless device from the LAN.

It's not a big issue so not too bothered, I just wondered if it might be something simple. 

Rik

I'd suggest you try MrW's approach, see if that helps.
Rik
--------------------

Steve

Steve
------------

MisterW

QuoteI can't ping it but it still shows as connected, it just seems to drop any wireless device from the LAN.
Yep, that's exactly what ours does, but usually not too often to be a pain!.

I'm not sure whether its a general problem as I don't notice it on my home one, since I mainly use a wired connection and the wireless is only turned on when I want to connect the laptop or netbook.

Lance

Its not something I've come accross on any of mine, all of which were used wirelessly, continuously.
Lance
_____

kinmel

Quote from: MisterW on Jan 26, 2011, 18:38:51
Our 2700 at the office sometimes exhibits similar issues with wireless after its been running for a few weeks. Usually it can be sorted by disabling and then re-enabling the wireless, thus avoiding a router reboot.

Have you tried a different power supply, it may be having problems supplying the wireless functions as well as the rest of the router ?
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?