PS3 UPnP unavailable on BT2700HGV ?... HELP!

Started by muddyopne, Jan 29, 2011, 09:12:02

Previous topic - Next topic

muddyopne

Hi Guys,

I am, really hoping someone out there can help me.

I have a BT2700HGV (2701-100589-005) router running 6.1.1.48.1-enh.tm.

I also own a PS3. Up until the 27 Jan 2011 i was happily streaming content from my desktop (wired) to my PS3 (wired ) i did have them both wireless but due to buffering issues with the PS3 went wired which solved this problem.

I went onto the PS3 yesterday (28t Jan) and found that my desktop no longer showed in the 'movie' section of the PS3 or that the desktop could be found under media servers.  (It would usually show up as an icon here).   

On further investigation the PS3 shows up in media server (11) on the desktop in shared devices, but does not appear in the network sharing center (although other pc's an a wireless printer does).
The ps3 says the UPnP is enabled but is 'unavailable' and NAT is 2 in the connection test.  All on-line systems work e.g. Lovefilm, iPlayer etc.

I am trying to narrow down the issue.  The PS3 did have an upgrade come through on the 27th (that's why i am giving you all the dates ;-)
Also i was playing around with trying to use VLC as a media server, i have subsequently unistalled it.

When i do go on to the BT2700 and look at my LAN settings the PS3 is connected DHCP with firewall enabled.

my desk top and wireless laptop iphone etc show as disconnected ,  the wii which is off also shows as connected DHCP???

Oh and to cap it of my wireless laptops media server shows up on the ps3 !!!!!

Anyone???!!

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Steve

:welc: :karma:

You should get a more helpful reply later from one of the 2700 experts but as a temporary solution can you let the router assign the PS3 in DMZ mode.
Steve
------------

Rik

:welc2: :karma:

One of the experts will be along shortly, but Steve's suggestion should get you up and running.
Rik
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

MisterW

QuoteThe ps3 says the UPnP is enabled but is 'unavailable'
Well I can explain that, the 2700 doesn't support UPnP I'm afraid.
As for the other issues I'm really not sure what the problem might be as I've no experience of the PS3.
Given that the problems seem to be windows networking related , I wonder whether the PS3 for some reason, since its upgrade, has been assigned a different IP by the 2700 and other systems are 'remembering' the old IP...