BroadBand/DECT Phones

Started by curly, Jul 07, 2007, 09:17:32

Previous topic - Next topic

curly

Have seen passing mention that DECT Phones can interfere with Broad Band wireless connections.
Is this true? How to avoid? Are there particular phones to avoid?

I'm about to buy BB probably from IDNET, and at same time update my phones to DECT. Advice would be appreciated.

Robert

Inactive

I have both DECT Phones and Broadband, never had any problems, I think these are rare happenings.., ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Hi Robert

I've seen a few reports of problems, but I've had a BT and a Panasonic DECT phone since I've had broadband, and have never had a problem. It might be best to avoid some of the cheaper brands of phones, but the chances of you having a problem are slim. Obviously, if you can keep the base unit, and its power supply, at a small distance from your router you will minimise and interference.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Both of my DECT phones are " cheap " ones Rik, one is an NTL ( probably made by Binatone ).  the other is a Tevion from Aldi's, no problem with either.. I reckon it is just a rare thing that is down to unusual circumstances. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

curly

Thank you for the replies. I now feel more confident about using the two together. I should be able to keep the BB router and DECT stations reasonably seperated.

Robert

Rik

Quote from: Inactive on Jul 07, 2007, 10:32:32
Both of my DECT phones are " cheap " ones Rik, one is an NTL ( probably made by Binatone ).  the other is a Tevion from Aldi's, no problem with either.. I reckon it is just a rare thing that is down to unusual circumstances. ;)

You're probably right about unusual circumstances, I've never met an instance where the DECT phone was an issue, I've just read of a few. As to cheap brands, I was thinking of the 'no name' units sold on markets etc, Aldi isn't cheap, just remarkably good value. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Jul 07, 2007, 10:38:21
. As to cheap brands, I was thinking of the 'no name' units sold on markets etc,

Fair comment Rik..  :)