Am I getting FTTP?

Started by DarkStar, Feb 01, 2011, 13:22:17

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkStar

Over the last month a team working for BT have been cleaning out all the BT cable ducts in the village, covers off and pushing cleaning rods through the ducts and then feeding blue ropes through them. This morning another team were using the blue ropes which had been left in place to pull fibre optic cables into place.
My exchange (Stowmarket) does not yet have a date for FTTC/P and we still have the old cabinet in place but does the fact that they are laying fibre round the village suggest that we will get FTTP rather than FTTC when the exchange is connected.
A couple of years ago a large (as in thick) fibre cable was laid from Stowmarket to a point just outside the village and left in place unconnected.
I hate to say this but I'm getting a wee bit excited  ;D
All I want now is for someone to bring down to earth again  :shake:
Ian

DorsetBoy

Here we go then............ no BT have decided that Stowmarket are going to be disconnected alogether  ;D ;D

Seriously , who knows what they are doing, I wonder if they have any idea themselves. We had troops of BT types here @ a year ago and they insisted we are getting FTTP .............  maybe in 2434AD ?

sobranie

Quote from: DorsetBoy on Feb 01, 2011, 13:25:46

Seriously , who knows what they are doing, I wonder if they have any idea themselves. We had troops of BT types here @ a year ago and they insisted we are getting FTTP .............  maybe in 2434AD ?

Would that be in the morning or afternoon? :dunno:

pctech

I'm supposed to be on the exchange where it was first being trialled and I know one person who's got it 'free' at the moment but no provider can give me a ballpark price so am steering clear because just like FTTC its subject to a 12 month minimum.

One thread on tbb suggest the wholesale price charged to ISPs will be 44 quid a month so when decent providers have added in their costs plus margin it'll probably be over 60 quid which is waaaay too much in my opinion.

You'll probably be able to get it cheap from BT and Plusnet but then it'll be crippledtraffic managed.