Can other users post their latest TBB Quality Monitor graph please?

Started by .Griff., Feb 09, 2011, 15:05:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Technical Ben

No loss this morning. Slightly better speeds. No jitter on my ping either. A steady 15ms. Seems to be good!  :thumb:  ;D
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Bill

Quote from: faircot on Feb 16, 2011, 08:14:49
Here's a snapshot from this AM. Odd (IE, very little) activity overnight. Haven't seen it like that before.

Enough like mine that I won't bother to post it :P

Looking promising, but, like you, curious about the lack of overnight activity... maybe Simon had to do a bit of preparatory work first which quietened it down?
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

jameshurrell

Very quiet here this morning, just like before this started happening. 6am reboot also visible.

ADSL2+ 21C:

Max ADSL Office line:

Technical Ben

What are the chances something got fixed before the fix!?  :meldrew:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

joe

ditto with me, much less activity this morning

BT test also back to orignal speeds after a dodgy period over the last couple of months

mk1

Quote from: mk1 on Feb 15, 2011, 18:22:06
Im getting lots of packet loss too! :(

This chart is a live chart.

Package Loss

Attached is my Live chart, does'nt seem as good as yours still some dropped packets, No idea what happened at 8AM lol!

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

mk1

Quote from: Rik on Feb 16, 2011, 11:09:28
Do you have any background downloads running?

Well that actualy might explain the 8am thing, but currently there should be nothing running, i will run a ping test tonight when back at home

esh

Since everything seemed to calm down for people at 2am onwards, not 6am, has it been determined whether IDNet made any changes that affected the lines at all?
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

zappaDPJ

It looks like something changed quite radically a couple of hours or more before the router reboot? My results seem to be in line with the rest. (The activity seen between 7.00 and 8.00am was due to me shifting a substantial amount of data).

[EDIT] In addition to that my throughput has improved and has shown consistent results all day. I'm also not getting any buffering on streamed content, something that has plagued me for a while, so it's all good :thumb:

zap
--------------------

.Griff.

There's a small "bump" at 2am on my graph otherwise it reflects everyone elses -

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Steve

To be honest I feel a bit embarrassed, it's amazing how quietly I've got to used to a sluggish internet. I guess we owe a big vote of thanks to those people who've contributed to this thread and refused to lie down. Thank you.

Steve
------------

Rik

IDNet say they can't claim credit for the 2am improvement, but they did resolve some inconsistencies in internal routing before re-booting the router.
Rik
--------------------

Bill

Quote from: Rik on Feb 16, 2011, 16:40:42
IDNet say they can't claim credit for the 2am improvement

I hate faults that go away for no obvious reason, you can never be sure that they won't come back >:(

But looking at my graphs for the last few weeks there were a few occasions where that 4am spike didn't appear, so it may just be one of those things- an odd coincidence.

The graph for 6am onwards has been pretty well back to normal though, which it wasn't on the occasions mentioned above! So I'm reasonably optimistic that it's been fixed, but I'll give it another day or so before I uncross everything I've got enough of to cross :P
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Bill

Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

mk1

Is it me or is the noise issue back looking at everyone charts again???

jameshurrell

No I don't think so. My guess is most people use their connections in the evening, so you're likely to see more "colourful" graphs at this time of night.

I'll check back again in the morning though to see what's what.

RCS2K4

Quote from: mk1 on Feb 16, 2011, 22:31:13
Is it me or is the noise issue back looking at everyone charts again???
Might be issues TBB's end? My connection (at least) has now stabalised again:

A signature, would usually go here. You've just wasted 2 secconds of your life looking for it...

JamesAllen

Well here is mine. Nowhere near as calm as a lot of yours but much better in terms of packet loss:

Rik

Do you have any background 'net activity running, James?
Rik
--------------------

.Griff.

Quote from: JamesAllen on Feb 17, 2011, 00:40:27
Well here is mine. Nowhere near as calm as a lot of yours but much better in terms of packet loss:

That looks like typical P2P downloading over a long period.

Do you have more than one PC? Are there other family members with access to a PC? Do you use wireless? If so how confident are you it's secure?

EDIT - Looking again the period immediately after midnight is definitely heavy downloading as the minimum latency also increases massively. The rest of the day definitely shows sign of persistent internet use.

Steve

Mines looking more like it used to look like last year.

Steve
------------

faircot

Same here. The dropout at 5pm yesterday was down to essential household maintenance!