Websites loading slow tonight?

Started by Aaron, Feb 26, 2011, 01:22:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Have noticed a few websites taking an abnormal amount of time to connect to, either 30 seconds or just fails and shows a blank page for the last 15 minutes.

Anyone else getting this too?
IDNet Home Pro ADSL2+ 4Mbps | Billion BiPAC 7800N

esh

I had some glitches a moment ago. Not sure what's going on. Websites I could view a few minutes ago aren't available anymore, but the site is still up according to web-based tools.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

juiceuk

yep, facebook a few other websites and ps3 wont log on. some load straight away some not at all  ???

karvala

Yes, I'm getting it too.  Seems to be happening with some, but not all, sites.  Started some time within the last hour.

Reya

I'm noticing a lot of US sites won't load (Twitter, Livejournal, Internet Traffic Report, Second Life - those are the ones I've just tried to ping and they all had 100% packet loss). UK sites seem okay at the moment. Looks like something fell over between Blighty and SoCal  ;D
I was cut out to be rich but got sewn up wrong.

PatWard

Can't connect to battle.net, got booted from playing WoW a few minutes ago.  Some US sites not loading, can't access Orange email etc.  Something's up.

esh

I can access the sites fine from a JA net link. I'm getting unknown host from a DNS response on this line though.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Desaan

Having the same problems, everything is 404'ing (well at least the stuff I'm trying to view is) and it's been like this since around midnight.

http://www.shopto.net/  404's
http://www.scnsrc.net/category/films/  404's
http://www.gametrailers.com/ 404's

It's pretty knackered at the moment.

esh

Yeah, it's not just DNS - I can't access the IPs either. Either IDNet or BT routing has gone kaput. A friend on LLU is okay so it's not a general UK thing.

Desaan - I can access gamestrailers but not the other two.

Reya

Well I hope this forum doesn't go down the tubes as well, because I just checked it on my 3G phone and am getting 'could not locate remote server' error messages. No way of checking the forum if my net goes bloop? Argh!
I was cut out to be rich but got sewn up wrong.

Desaan

Something funky is definitely up, I can access gametrailers now whereas before it would 404 over and over for 10 minutes of trying (other two still don't work)

I can't even access http://my.ebay.co.uk but can connect to http://nfl.com  (obvious U.S hosted site)

What gives?  ???

sof2er

Thought it was just me, but yeah I can't access some web sites either. They work fine from my 3G, a tracert indicates timeout after IDNet Telehouse.

JamesAllen

Glad to see it's not just me. ;)

Definitely something weird with routing. All my DNS has gone kaput as I use a free DNS service which must be based in the US or something. I can nslookup the default idnet DNS servers but a lot of addresses are failing completely, so I assume a routing issue is stopping it being able to get to the root level servers.

Wonder how wide spread this is.

esh

Perhaps peering has gone haywire again. Or the recently rebooted gw5 is misbehaving. I guess it's time for an early night!

zappaDPJ

There's certainly an outage somewhere.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

JamesAllen

Quote from: esh on Feb 26, 2011, 01:43:38
Perhaps peering has gone haywire again. Or the recently rebooted gw5 is misbehaving. I guess it's time for an early night!

LOL that is not a bad idea at all. I should be in bed now anyway really as I have Parkour training on Saturdays.. Lots of jumping around to be done. Makes a nice change from sitting on my arse on the Internet all day. ;)

Hopefully it'll all be sorted by morning.. Ok it's morning now, but hopefully later in the morning then.. :)

Kaltern

Hi folks, just joined IDnet... and yes I can't log onto PSN or visit many websites either.  Video streaming was screwy just after midnight too.

I won't let this negative experience sway my initial thought of IDnet :P

zappaDPJ

Quote from: JamesAllen on Feb 26, 2011, 01:43:01
Wonder how wide spread this is.

I'm currently talking to over 20 other people via comms, all on different ISPs and I'm the only one that appears to be having problems.
zap
--------------------

mrapoc

Same here

intermittent loading of facebook

can't log in to games

cant get on the forums of games..

Annoying!?

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Kaltern on Feb 26, 2011, 01:45:56
Hi folks, just joined IDnet... and yes I can't log onto PSN or visit many websites either.  Video streaming was screwy just after midnight too.

I won't let this negative experience sway my initial thought of IDnet :P

:welc: :karma:
zap
--------------------

JamesAllen

Quote from: zappaDPJ on Feb 26, 2011, 01:48:09
I'm currently talking to over 20 other people via comms, all on different ISPs and I'm the only one that appears to be having problems.

Just at IDNet then by the sounds of it.

Kaltern

Just tried visiting the network status site - Network Status

It didn't load :P

mrapoc

Desaan

Quote from: Kaltern on Feb 26, 2011, 01:51:57
Just tried visiting the network status site - Network Status

It didn't load :P

Same here  :laugh:

I guess given the latish hour and the fact it's been like this for a few hours we won't be expecting a resolution any time soon.  The IDNET service status is all green, but I guess that must be manually updated and since it hasn't been.....I guess nobody is on it.

Kaltern

Thanks for welcome, karma feels nice against the skin....  ;D

Sounds like there is a hamster somewhere in the great Internet machine that needs feeding.  Or replacing  :pat: