Excess bandwidth

Started by Bill, Mar 08, 2011, 01:11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

It took a big download (~35GB) on the first of the month, but I finally managed it:

QuoteDear Bill Ford

re: your broadband line number xxxxxxxxxxx (IDNxxxxx)

Your monthly allowance is 120GB, 30GB of which can be used during the Peak Hours of 9am to midnight and 90GB of which can be used during the Off Peak Hours of midnight to 9am.

Based on your current level of usage, your projected bandwidth use (data download) for a 30 day time period will be: 188.7 GB.

If your current bandwidth usage continues then this would equate to an excess bandwidth charge of: £99 [£1.00/GB] for this month.

You can monitor your bandwidth use online daily in the Customer Account section on the website: https://www.idnet.net/secure

Kind regards,

The IDNet Support Team
support@idnet.com
(open Mon-Thurs 08:00 to 18:30, Fri 08:00 to 18:00)

Pity I didn't quite make the £100... must try harder next time. :evil:

I should add that I have no intention whatever of actually going over my allowance!

(Thought this might be a useful reassurance to those who may be nervous about unwittingly exceeding their own allowance and not getting a warning.)
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Rik

I'd frame that, Bill. ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Niall

I got one too! I installed a new o/s with over 2gb of patches! Then all the free programs and updates. Then my paid for software and updates. My mums pc needed a LOT of patches too. My aunts laptop had about 9 months of patches too!

I bought a game via steam too (or was it two?) :D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy