DGN1000 Set Up.

Started by Ardua, Mar 09, 2011, 12:40:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardua

I have had an extremely frustrating 2 weeks with ADSL2+ and a new Netgear DGND3300 dual-band router - frequent disconnects from the internet being the norm with no obvious signs of loss of service. Having accepted the offer of a test router  (DGND1000) from IdNet my ADSL2+ connection is now stable. My configured speeds are 11384/1024 with actual BT speedtest speeds of 8876 and 824. My router stats show a DS LA of 19.8 and NM 14.3 and US La 5.8 and NM of 6.3. IdNet support is working to get my SNR reduced. My DGND3300 router has gone back to PC World and it will no doubt be back on the pre-owned shelf shortly.

Before I decide whether to live with the DGND1000, I need to solve a connection problem. My BB Bold 9700 is connected to the router via WPS but I am only getting a 'greyed out' icon; ie, no connection to BB BIS. Various BB forums suggest that a BB is best connected through the access list but the router set up page keeps coming up with 'invalid MAC address'. I confess that I have not seen this one before. Can anyone help?  I am reluctant to keep trying things given my past connectivity problems.

Ironically, my BB connected seamlessly to the DGN3300. Such is life.

Rik

Sorry, I can't help but someone will be along who can.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Sorry, I had a Blackberry connected to my wifi, but didn't have to do anything special. 
Simon.
--

Niall

I'm using the DGN1000 and I can't say I've had any problems connecting anything to it. Admittedly I've only had my PC, my sisters laptop via wireless today, and also my iphone connected at the same time.

No help at all I'm afraid!
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Ardua

I am having 2 separate but annoying issues with the Netgear DGN1000 router. Firstly, when I try to enter a MAC address into the Set Up Access page I get an "Invalid Mac Address' message. This problem is documented on other forums as a Javascript issue. Secondly, I cannot get Blackberry BIS to wifi connect - the wifi icon remains greyed out but the phone is connected to the router. This issue is also documented on various forums. BIS worked fine on a DG834 and the DGND3300 (when connected to the separate 'G' channel) but not on the DGN1000. I now have something of a dilemma. The DGN1000 seems to have sorted out my ADSL2+ disconnect issues but the 'Invalid Mac Address' and BB BIS wifi issues point me towards another router manufacturer. Unfortunately, I cannot find a definitive list of N routers that are compatible with BB9700 wifi BIS. I will continue to scratch my head in search of an answer. ???

Niall

Have a look for my "who stole my speed" thread in the help section. In June there's a new router coming out that looks like an all singing and dancin affair. You'll just have to wait like me :D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Ardua

My DGN1000 and I have parted ways. It held a good solid ADSL2+ connection but I found the router set up page too much of a challenge. It consistently failed to log out of the set up browser and it would not accept manual MAC addresses (Invalid Mac Address).

Rik

What have you gone for?
Rik
--------------------

David

Quote from: Niall on Mar 09, 2011, 23:20:38
I'm using the DGN1000 and I can't say I've had any problems connecting anything to it. Admittedly I've only had my PC, my sisters laptop via wireless today, and also my iphone connected at the same time.

No help at all I'm afraid!

Hi Niall pain here how difficult to set up the wireless on this "thing" my laptop cant find it and no matter what I seem to do just cant connect didnt have this issue with my other white Netgear
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Steve

Just make sure you've not hidden the SSID (wifi name) in the router menu.
Steve
------------

David

Done that its been on all the time, wont accept manual mac addresses odd as my old defunct router just picked up wirelss devices so easily  :dunno:

Thanks Steve I was tempted to reset it but dont fancy being offline   ;)
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Gary

Quote from: Ardua on Mar 09, 2011, 12:40:50
I have had an extremely frustrating 2 weeks with ADSL2+ and a new Netgear DGND3300 dual-band router - frequent disconnects from the internet being the norm with no obvious signs of loss of service. Having accepted the offer of a test router  (DGND1000) from IdNet my ADSL2+ connection is now stable. My configured speeds are 11384/1024 with actual BT speedtest speeds of 8876 and 824. My router stats show a DS LA of 19.8 and NM 14.3 and US La 5.8 and NM of 6.3. IdNet support is working to get my SNR reduced. My DGND3300 router has gone back to PC World and it will no doubt be back on the pre-owned shelf shortly.

Before I decide whether to live with the DGND1000, I need to solve a connection problem. My BB Bold 9700 is connected to the router via WPS but I am only getting a 'greyed out' icon; ie, no connection to BB BIS. Various BB forums suggest that a BB is best connected through the access list but the router set up page keeps coming up with 'invalid MAC address'. I confess that I have not seen this one before. Can anyone help?  I am reluctant to keep trying things given my past connectivity problems.

Ironically, my BB connected seamlessly to the DGN3300. Such is life.
Been using one for well over a year, no dropouts adsl2+ speed is very good, have you tried reinstalling the firmeware and then doing a hard reset, tbh mine had been very reliable, great speeds and no issues really. If you were taking about the DNND3700, well thats a nightmare...
Damned, if you do damned if you don't