Netgear DG834N v1

Started by Steve, Apr 28, 2009, 19:13:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I think I may have managed to get the 023o adsl driver to work a couple of years ago.

http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,13932.0.html

I know in the end I reverted to Netgear firmwares as the later ones seemed pretty good.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Dealz

Quote from: Steve on Dec 02, 2011, 21:50:43
I think I may have managed to get the 023o adsl driver to work a couple of years ago.

http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,13932.0.html

I know in the end I reverted to Netgear firmwares as the later ones seemed pretty good.
Yes judging by what you have posted before you did get '0850 with 023o drivers' to flash okay.. If i could get this one to flash without bricking my router i'd love to try it. 023d flashed okay but i get constant wifi drop outs.

I don't understand why firmware version X flashes fine for some and not for others and why firmware version X runs stable for some and not for others on the same router

I would have thought on the most part everyone should experience the same thing, unless a really bad internet connection is causing the issue etc

How did you upgrade, Web browser or Recovery Utility?

Steve

It's a while ago and it would have been via browser, I wish I could recall the reason why I went back to Netgear firmwares, I guess it was mainly to do with DHCP/WiFi stability and not having the desire to look for a higher sync as I had a full sync on adslmax.
Steve
------------

Dealz

Quote from: Steve on Dec 03, 2011, 08:19:38
It's a while ago and it would have been via browser, I wish I could recall the reason why I went back to Netgear firmwares, I guess it was mainly to do with DHCP/WiFi stability and not having the desire to look for a higher sync as I had a full sync on adslmax.
hmmm i always thought the Recovery Utility was a more stable way to update.. But thanks for your reply, i'll try the web browser a bit later and see how that goes.

When you say DHCP/Wifi stability did you have issues with 0850?

Which netgear version did you go to?

Steve

To be honest I can't recall the exact details of why I ended back with Netgear firmware,I've vague recollections of issues with UPNP and 'back to my Mac' a then Mobile Me service which were solved with the then latest Netgear firmware which I think is still the current one.
Steve
------------