Networking

Started by Lona, Mar 20, 2011, 22:31:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Lona

We have three computers. One has XP and one has Vista the laptop having Win7.

I have them all networked and the xp and vista can see each other. The laptop can see the xp and the vista but the xp and vista although they can see the win 7 they can't access any files.  A message keeps coming up that access is denied.

You would think that if the win 7 laptop can see and access the other two the same would be accessable from the xp and vista.

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Niall

Nope, Windows 7 is very fussy with what it allows in, which is probably a good thing. I haven't looked at networking for that sort of thing as I'm happier knowing no one can see my PC :D

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/033c418b-1096-4df7-bfad-fd3d431f3cd5

That looks like it's what you're after.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Lona

Sorted Niall, Thanks for the link. :thumb:

Although I was unable to change the workgroup name, I just went into laptops folders and the ones I wanted I clicked share with everybody and I can now access them from other two pcs.

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb: