Using my 2700 to boost wireless upstairs

Started by mrapoc, Mar 11, 2011, 23:39:35

Previous topic - Next topic

mrapoc

My setup will be the netgear router downstairs, 25m cat6 to upstairs. Gigabit switch in my room. I then want the 2700 off this switch to boost wireless upstairs.

I can't access the config page through the switch. I can directly connected. I have disabled DHCP and set the default gateway to the netgear downstairs. Set the ssid to the same as the netgear and same wireless key. Anything else?  :laugh:

Lance

Isn't there some sort of bridging mode you can select. I vaguely recall seeing it and think that is what you need.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

mrapoc

mrapoc

There was somethin on the ol' tripod site.

Basically all you gotta do is set the routers ip address to one within your current router's DHCP pool/subnet and turn off DCHP on the 2700. Voila. One wireless access point :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Steve

Surely set the 2700 IP outside DHCP  so there is no chance of an IP address conflict?
Steve
------------

mrapoc

Thats what I though but it said to do that and it works. :S

Maybe its so I can configure it via my computer instead of having to directly connect in?

Steve

I'm sure it will work but if you've set any static IP within the range of the DHCP server there is always a small risk of conflict.
Steve
------------

mrapoc

I'll change the DHCP range on the netgear so it does not assign as high as I set the 2700. That way its still in the subnet, same network just DHCP will not be assigned overlapping the static ip