lost service at 7:20pm

Started by c1hundred, Mar 15, 2011, 20:32:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

That said, it doesn't mean that it will be sorted any time soon. Could be 5 mins or could be 5 hours. Until we get an eta from BT via support we won't have a clue.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Conrad

Okay.  So BT haven't actually given an update, you're not sure whether anyone is physically working to resolve the fault or not, either on-site (wherever that might be) or remotely, and an expected time of resolution could be anywhere between 5 mins and 5 hours (despite surely having SLAs in place no?)...  I'm so glad that's been cleared up.  I'm off to bed.

O.o

Night all.

Lance

I'm not a member of staff, just another customer. It's just i've seen this sort of thing and have a good idea of what will be happening.
Lance
_____

ou7shined

Rich.

Klaatu barada nikto!

Liam

Guys, calm down. yes its frustrating as hell but IDNET are at the mercy of BT.

I have a mate that used to work for BT and the stories he has told me about guys he worked with is unreal, they make changes willy nilly on the network without doing any documentation so that when things do go wrong they struggle to undo the damage they've done.

anyway, things seems to be going back to normal now.

.Griff.

Is this affecting all IDNET customers or have I been lucky?

JamesAllen

Yay!

All back.

Not too bad really as my Nokia N95 worked nicely via Bluetooth (during the downtime) - giving the laptop a pretty decent 3G connection.

Glad it happened out of working hours though.

Hope everyone affected is back very soon.

Simon_idnet

BT have resolved the problem. Now we want to find out what caused it...

esh

All in the clear here, ADSL-Max.... didn't even know there was a problem.

You'd think after the 3rd problem of this nature they'd get the fail-over working properly. Oh well, at least this time it was only a *few* hours, I guess.

For what it's worth Simon, I think I feel your pain, even though this one hasn't affected me... If this turns out to be another "pulling the wrong cable out of the cabinet"/"configuration deletion" cause, I really don't know what can be said... Yet some part of me would not be surprised at all.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Lance

Quote from: .Griff. on Mar 16, 2011, 00:01:26
Is this affecting all IDNET customers or have I been lucky?

Affected only the minority, approx 10% who didn't get switched over to the backup link automatically.
Lance
_____

JB

Quote from: Simon_idnet on Mar 16, 2011, 00:10:02
BT have resolved the problem. Now we want to find out what caused it...

I hope you have more success with BT than after the last outage Simon. I was one of the lucky ones on 8Mb ADSL who kept a normal connection.

I'm sure it is co-incidence but it looks like BT have a contract out on IDNet.
JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'

Gary

I lost sync for a few seconds so I was also Lucky this time, but it does seem like IDNet is not paying their protection money to BT.  :evil:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Steve

Well at least the fall over to the back up host link worked better than last time.
Steve
------------

JB

JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'

Gary

Quote from: Steve on Mar 16, 2011, 08:40:34
Well at least the fall over to the back up host link worked better than last time.
Very true, BT need to be taken out the back and beaten.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

sobranie

Quote from: Steve on Mar 16, 2011, 08:40:34

Didn't here I'm afraid, off for 4 hours on (01326).  May I join the back up link club please?

jftr I rang IDNet late last night and Simon rang me back within 10 minutes to advise that there was a problem. Well done Simon and thanks for the call.

Rik

Quote from: 6jb on Mar 16, 2011, 08:08:45
I'm sure it is co-incidence but it looks like BT have a contract out on IDNet.

I feel the same, JB. The identical fault to last time which BT assured IDNet they had resolved. :mad:
Rik
--------------------

.Griff.

I'm not sure what happened but my connection seemed to perform the opposite to everyone else's. While everyone on here was posting about their connection being down mine remained fine. However when you all confirmed your connections were back up mine went down and remained down until earlier this morning.  ???

David

On the plus side my download speed has doubled  :dunno:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Glenn

A silver lining, David.  ;D
Glenn
--------------------

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

That must have been it.  Everyone was down so they could upgrade David's connection.  ;D
Simon.
--

David

Rik

:laugh:

Stranger things have happened.
Rik
--------------------

David

if its to do with me you promised never to mention that incident Rik.....it was never proved  ;D