slow connection. help plz

Started by martyboi86, Mar 21, 2011, 20:22:59

Previous topic - Next topic

martyboi86

Ive just been connected to broadband and my connection is so slow...100kbps on speed test. My service provider says because its just been activated and it has to be fair it only got activated this morning. They say it takes 1-3 days before the connection settles and that the speeds will vary from very fast to very slow. Has anyone came across this before?

Simon

:welc: :karma:

As this isn't an IDNet connection, we can only offer general advice, but if you would like to post your router stats, I'm sure someone will try to help.  :)
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

wdforte

Quote from: martyboi86 on Mar 21, 2011, 20:22:59
Ive just been connected to broadband and my connection is so slow...100kbps on speed test. My service provider says because its just been activated and it has to be fair it only got activated this morning. They say it takes 1-3 days before the connection settles and that the speeds will vary from very fast to very slow. Has anyone came across this before?

Like your ISP says it can take time. Be patient and usually all will be well, if it isn't then put your ISP into action.  ;)

Lance

If you could post your routerstats that would be great, and if you could get a BT speedtest that would be fantastic (or at least the profile from it).
Lance
_____

Rik

Welcome to the forum, Marty. :welc: :karma:

What's been said is spot on, give us some figures and we'll try and work out what's happening for you.
Rik
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------